• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BUlls 60 ECU 50

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

ECU fans are reporting that they just fired their bball coach...LMAO

Herrion Will Not Return As ECU Basketball Coach

WNCT Eyewitness Newschannel Nine

Greenville, North Carolina

http://www.wnct.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WNCT/MGArticle/NCT_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031781123290&path=

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Convenient opinions to back your position.  Of course RMC's offense had nothing to do with their success.

This is ridiculous because Seth's offense was not conducive for Swift to be very successful.  In fact, I believe that had Kohn played RMC's offense he would have been more successful because the offense would have fit his style a bit better.

The comment about Mac's recruits being hardheaded is obnoxious, and ridiculous.  If your going to pine over Leather, who just 18 months ago was a troublemaker, and ridicule a hardworker like Dennis, Prek, or Jones then that isn't fair to anyone, and you shouldn't be discussing this topic because your opinion is so strong, and your feelings for Mac so jaded that you refuse to listen to any contrasting opinion, and be willing to be open-minded about the circumstances.  

Bien, Swift said this in his own words in an article posted on this board last week.  So I guess he is being obnoxious and ridiculous?

And if it's RMC's offense that's making these guys scorers all of a sudden, then why can't prekevicious hit the broadside of a barn?  Why can't Holmes be eanything more than dead weight when he is on the floor?  Why can't Solomon Jones even catch the ball??  All RMC recruits.  All non-contributors.  Yeah it's RMC's offense alright.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Wel since you dont think those three seniors were scrubs in previous years but are not impressed with RMC's recruits here are some hard facts for you:

Leather's

soph. year stats 210 minutes 51 pts 48 rbs

jr year 659 min. 212 pts 147 rbs

Compared to Jones curent year:

658 min 152 pts 159 rbs.

Swift's

soph: 339 min 88 pts 39 assists 32 rbs

jr: 528 min 137 pts 70 assists 38 rbs

Bryant's

soph: 298 min 76 pts 37 rbs

jr: 354 min 92 pts 64 rbs

compared to current players

Dennis:FR 536 min 165 pts 41 rbs

Prek: soph 430 min 112 pts 32 asists 21 rbs

Holmes:SR 457 min 145 pts 30 assists 40 rbs

Dennis,Holmes and Prek in their FIRST year have beter stats than those THREE seniors had in their soph and jr years at USF.

So if they were able to raise their games this year why would you say that RMC's recruits cant do it.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

As much as I hate to side with Beastiebull, let's keep in mind that this year's team has only won 4 conference games -- over a caliber of teams lower than exists in the Big East -- and qualified for a tournament that 12 out of 14 teams make. With seniors/Greenberg recruits Swift, Leather and Bryant doing most of the heavy lifting.

I'm glad this year's team is better than last year's, and a 12-16/4-12 type season is consistent with my expectations. But I think some of you are a little too satisfied with the conference tournament invite (which isn't even official yet BTW).

I like some of what I'm seeing out of RMC recruits like Dennis and Prekivicius, but as upperclassmen they'll be swimming in even deeper waters. I'm not quite convinced these are Big East-caliber players, or that a team of them is good enough to win games in the BE.

You know what I want to see? A headline of "Dennis scores 24 as Bulls upset DePaul".

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Gary,

while i agree that it is going to be that much tougher next year...  4 conference wins is still a major improvement over last season against the same competition.

Next year will be tough, and 4 conference wins would be tough to get, but we'll see an improvement in play regardless if that win total increases, and we'll see an improvement the next year in the win column.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I disagree. We could be a much better team and not win as many conference/total games as we did this year. There is no Southern Miss or East Carolina in the Big East. Even the teams that are at the bottom of the BE this year, like Providence, have resumes beyond that of any team USF has beaten this year.

Next year's team will be almost entirely RMC recruits. (I think the only SG signee left is Diarra.) I don't expect to win much next year, but I want to see some evidence that these are Big East players, and that they can form a team capable of winning Big East games.

It's nice to have 4 C-USA wins instead of 1, but either figure translates to 0-16 in the Big East. We still have a long way to go.

I think that is exactly what i just said ;)

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Next year will be tough ... but we'll see an improvement in play ... and we'll see an improvement the next year in the win column.

The Lead Velcron has spoken!

;)  ;D  ;D

Will he be singing the same tune a year from now??  :o  :P

Yes! ;D