• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HoT to play be in the 2013 New Year's Day Parade in London!

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

According to twitter: @USFAthletics

"Congratulations to the Herd of Thunder on their official invitation to participate in the 2013 New Year's Day Parade in London!"

Very cool, but I hope it doesn't interfere with a bowl game.

• Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

McCutchen said members worried about the fact that the marching band will be gone during what might be the USF bowl game, since the band plans to leave for London between Dec. 27 and 28. If the game does conflict with the trip, he said band members who do not go on the trip will go to the game and they will invite Herd of Thunder alumni to fill out the band.

http://www.usforacle.com/news/london-calling-herd-of-thunder-for-parade

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah... I'm not sure this is going to happen... I took a look at the numbers and it's going to cost a couple thousand dollars of each student's own money to go on this trip.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Pretty genious move if you ask me. I know USF has been pushing hard to get more students from the UK (in particular England) to attend USF, since the cost of out-of-state tuition is competitive with the cost of general tutition for lots of schools in England. It's all about exposure for USF, in a market it has chosen to focus in on. Also, great experience for the HoT.

Archived