• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DeMarcus Holland decommitted???

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

Holland was not a pg at all. Texas recruited him as a replacement for J'Covan Brown as a SG. Brown was a prolific scorer in HS Holland was not he averaged 11. Sam Cassell is the much better player. But if the team needs a true pg then trying to sign a SG is not the answer. Sam,can play both.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Just from the highlights....you can tell Cassell can handle the ball and play the 1. He has an interesting skill set that we don't presently have in that he appears to be a legit shooter that can create a shot for both himself and others AND can handle the ball.

AC is definitely improving in that regard but right now he is a pass 1st/ shoot later kind of player. It was enjoyable to see his confidence improve in his shot at the season progressed.

I won't be picky but I would assume not take another combo/wing/SG/SF....when we really only have one true PG.

• Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

USF97, I agree. Sam C. is head and shoulders the better talent. I was not sold on the other kid from his stats,game film, nor his play in the state finals in Austin,TX. Sam and Collins could work well.

Archived