• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Charlotte Women's Hoops Score

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

I was there and I can tell you it was not much at all

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206

Look at the box score again..... Dickson was 9-20 = 18 pts, 2-5 =6pts and 1-2 = 1pts for a total of 25pts but only credited for 21 hmmmmmmmm?

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

The game was out of hand, the Charlotte coach put on a full court press when they were down 10 points with 17 seconds to go. Funny stuff. to bad only 100 people saw it

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509

I was going to go to this game too.  I had a class though.  Too bad, sounded like a good game to go to.  only one more chance for me to see the lady basketbulls.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Go Lady Bulls!

I've always wondered....what exactly is a lady bull?

Guest sprtsfn627

UNCC was tied for first in the conference, 7-1 in CUSA, 19-3 overall (before playing us).  Quality win right there.

Nalini seems to be a huge inside presence for us, teams would just go inside on us and there was nothing we could do about it while she was out.

If everyone stays healthy, I think we stand a good chance to win the CUSA tourney.

We could still make the NCAA's if we get to around 19-20 wins.  We played some really tough teams, and the seeding is based off of the team that is now, not the beginning of the season.  In other words, they take into account injuries and the record of the last 10 games.  I think with a run on the back stretch, including that win over Charlotte and maybe a win or two in the CUSA tourney, we should be good  ;D

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this team is good but they need consistency

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Injuries contributed to their inconsistency... they've been great with Miller... average without her.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

College basketball

South Florida shocks Charlotte in big step toward NCAA berth

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published February 8, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - South Florida, motivated all season to earn its first NCAA Tournament berth, took a huge step toward making that a reality, knocking off Conference USA co-leader Charlotte 68-59 Monday in the Sun Dome.

"We just said, "Where do we want to go the rest of the year? Do we want to be an NCAA Tournament team, or do we want to settle?"' said coach Jose Fernandez, whose team made its first postseason appearance in last year's NIT.

USF (15-9, 5-5) was on a three-game losing streak and coming off a loss to East Carolina that Fernandez called "the worst home loss" in his five seasons at USF.

The Bulls led the entire game Monday, building a 15-5 lead that never dropped below five. USF center Nalini Miller, who had missed eight games with a strained hamstring, held her own Monday, scoring five in 20 minutes.

"Now that we have everybody back, we're at full throttle," said point guard Anedra Gilmore, who had a career-high 12 assists. "There was no stopping us tonight. We were pumped and ready to go."

Charlotte (19-4, 7-2) got 17 points from forward Pam Brown, but was forced into 24 turnovers in a battle of C-USA's top teams in turnover margin.

Forwards Jessica Dickson had a game-high 21 points and Ezria Parsons had 11 and a game-high 15 rebounds. The Sun Dome crowd of 351 was USF's smallest for a C-USA game this season.

The Bulls' remaining four opponents entered Monday's games 8-28 in C-USA, and USF if wins out, it would enter the conference tournament with a 19-9 record, likely with the sixth seed.

[Last modified February 8, 2005, 00:22:09]

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/08/Sports/South_Florida_shocks_.shtml