• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stirling Griffin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

With all of the alignment chaos and ******** and moaning about how terrible we have played this year (me included), I haven't seen any updates on Griffin's status. Is he out for the remainder of this season?

I am excited to see our two freshmen Deonte Welch and Andre Davis start on Saturday night against Rutgers; I think this is at least something to be excited about.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

He's out 6-8 weeks, which is pretty much the rest of the year. He might be able to play in the bowl game.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/wr-griffin-out-6-8-weeks-cb-dixon-out-year

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Sterling is a huge loss. I don't know the rules, but any chance he can apply for a 6th year like Plancher, LRSjr and others have?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Yes, but I thought there were limited conditions under which a player could receive a second.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Sterling is a huge loss. I don't know the rules, but any chance he can apply for a 6th year like Plancher, LRSjr and others have?

Ricardo Dixon should get an extra year of eligibility as well due to his injury.

• Content Count:  9,763
  • Days Won:  9

Sterling still has another year. He maybe gets one more from last year, but not this year. He's played in half of our games, so 2011 is a wash now.

• Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Yeap, played too much this year, as I understand it, to get another. As to playing in a bowl game, that seems very unlikely (assuming we're in one): First, our bowl game won't be in January, you know, so it will be early in the bowl season, and second, after sitting out the rest of the season, he'll be out of shape and out of practice. Maybe if the young guys are terrible, but I think he's done for the year.

Archived