• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Big East gets act together, big TV deal still in reach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I hope NBC gets us and broadcasts 3 over-the-air games every Saturday (obviously it will only be 2 on the weeks they have the ND game), with all of the BE games available for live streaming.

I hope we continue with one Thursday night game per week, and that NBC puts it over-the-air, but we need a clause that says ALL Thursday night teams must have a bye week before the game. No more short weeks.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Re: ESPN-BCS

No. Just two years ago Fox basically handed ESPN the rights to the BCS. ESPN is well established and will forever be the dominant force in college football. Fox tried to jump in twice and they've lost millions.

Even if we get that NBC deal, I'd expect (and hope) we maintain some presence on ESPN.

There will be presence with ESPN but it will be for less money, Football will be on Wed and Fridays, Basketball would probably keep Big Monday 7 pm time slot, but ACC could come a knocking on that.

The Big East is not agreeing to play football on Wednesday nights.

I would not bet on that, SEC is working on getting ESPN's Thursday night game, pushing ACC on Friday and possibly BE to Wednesday.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Re: ESPN-BCS

No. Just two years ago Fox basically handed ESPN the rights to the BCS. ESPN is well established and will forever be the dominant force in college football. Fox tried to jump in twice and they've lost millions.

Even if we get that NBC deal, I'd expect (and hope) we maintain some presence on ESPN.

There will be presence with ESPN but it will be for less money, Football will be on Wed and Fridays, Basketball would probably keep Big Monday 7 pm time slot, but ACC could come a knocking on that.

The Big East is not agreeing to play football on Wednesday nights.

I would not bet on that, SEC is working on getting ESPN's Thursday night game, pushing ACC on Friday and possibly BE to Wednesday.

I seriously doubt a tradition laden SEC would want that unless I can't see any of the major schools giving up a Saturday date. Especially when they get priority on ESPN on Saturday nights.

Archived