• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chaz Hine now Finalist for William V. Campbell Trophy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Chaz Hine selected as top scholar-athlete

October, 26, 2011

5:02 PM ET

By Andrea Adelson

USF center Chaz Hine has been selected as one of 16 National Football Foundation Scholar-Athletes and is now a finalist for the William V. Campbell Trophy.

Hine has an inspiring story, going from walk-on to starter to team captain, while doing an incredible amount of work in the community.

“I’m honored and humbled to be considered for such a prestigious award,” Hine said in a statement. “I’ve had a lot of help along the way and I can’t thank those people enough. Breaking the mold of what people perceive athletes to be is something I’ve tried to do during my time at USF. I’m so thankful that there are awards like the NFF Scholar-Athlete Award because it recognizes the accomplishments of not just this group of 16 honorees, but also all of the student-athletes across the country, who put as much time into their studies as they do their athletics.”

Each scholar-athlete will receive an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship and will travel to New York City to be honored Dec. 6. One member of the class will also be announced live at the event as the winner of the Campbell Trophy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/25564/chaz-hine-selected-as-top-scholar-athlete

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Agree. Great to see this guy get recognized. I am excited for this guy

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Some would rather focus on the negative when our program shines on so many other levels. I am so proud of Mr. Hine and how he represents our University. This is the future of USF, naysayers be damned.

Archived