• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I kinda of miss....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

...the days of USF as the upcoming program where every loss was considered a learning experience and every win was a step in the right direction.  Days of old where expectations were low and any bowl game was met with excitement.  Oh how far the fan base as come, too bad the program has been unable to sustain the high expectations of the fans.  Perhaps, I should temper my expectations and become accustomed to the fact that this program is not ready to ascend to a Top 25 Level program.  Just maybe, the football program could learn a thing or two from the soccer program.  I will continue to attend the home games and at least one away game as I have always done, cheer the players, and hope for the best, however, I will no longer hold the program to seemingly unrealistic goals of winning in the month of October, winning a conference championship, playing in BCS Bowl game, those goals are just too lofty for this program.  Maybe in 10 years we can realize those goals, in the meantime I will be content that we have football program.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

yup. **** everything.

...the days of USF as the upcoming program where every loss was considered a learning experience and every win was a step in the right direction.  Days of old where expectations were low and any bowl game was met with excitement.  Oh how far the fan base as come, too bad the program has been unable to sustain the high expectations of the fans.  Perhaps, I should temper my expectations and become accustomed to the fact that this program is not ready to ascend to a Top 25 Level program.  Just maybe, the football program could learn a thing or two from the soccer program.  I will continue to attend the home games and at least one away game as I have always done, cheer the players, and hope for the best, however, I will no longer hold the program to seemingly unrealistic goals of winning in the month of October, winning a conference championship, playing in BCS Bowl game, those goals are just too lofty for this program.  Maybe in 10 years we can realize those goals, in the meantime I will be content that we have football program.

I came to the same decision after the Pitt game. I was honestly upset all of that weekend and didnt enjoy any of it... all because of some random football game. I enjoy the Bulls because its my Alma Mater, when they do suceed i'll be there.. till then time to temper expectations, and keep enjoying the good.

I had one hell of a time at the ND game... and have made it to every home game other then FAMU so far this year... and have tickets for the rest. A couple peeps i know are not going this week "because we arnt in the hunt anymore"... screw that non-sense... its still a good time to tailgate and have fun.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yep.  Expectations = tempered officially, for good. 

Archived