• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise rumors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Perhaps also BYU. I am not convinced that they are at the top of Big 12 wishlist , especially if Missouri stays. Perhaps a West division of SMU, Boise State, Houston, Air Force, BYU, and Louisville, while other current BE members comprise East division + Navy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Perhaps also BYU. I am not convinced that they are at the top of Big 12 wishlist , especially if Missouri stays. Perhaps a West division of SMU, Boise State, Houston, Air Force, BYU, and Louisville, while other current BE members comprise East division + Navy.

With 12 teams geographically divided, you could play the other 5 in your divisiion plus 1 "rival" from the other division each year, and rotate 2 in the other division every other year - this would allow for 8 games in conference and 4 OOC games that could be regional if the school chooses (would help with travel costs).  The "rival" game will allow for Air Force/Navy to play every year.  So a team like Boise would only have to travel east for 3 of 12 games if they choose to schedule all OOC out west.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am quite certain BYU is at the top of the B12 wish list.  The B12 is waiting on BYU to decide.  They are choice #1, whether or not Mizzou leaves.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Now that we are warming up to western teams and a possible west division with Air Force, Boise, Houston, SMU and others, why not send invites to Kansas and Kansas State?  Who knows.. they may be pissed off enough with TX and OK to jump.  Would still give them recruiting trips/access to Texas and open Florida.  They are the 2 schools that are awfully quiet through all this nonsense.

I can't see Kansas/KState paying a $20mil exit fee to move to a conference with less TV money.  They were a top option if the B12 folded.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Bring on Air Force, SMU, Houston, BYU and Boise, hell, bring on Nevada and  Hawaii even.  Then stop thinking about being BE, but rather an American football conference with a Western division and Eastern division. The majority of the games played would be the western division teams against each other and the eastern divisiion teams against each other with a couple of crossever games each season. The east champions vs west champions in a conference championship game and travel won't be that big an issue.

I doubt it would happen, but with a little out of the box thinking a truly amazing conference can be created.

very smart idea

Archived