• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why aren't we giving away some tickets to fill empty sections?

DERBY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Selling $10 dollar tickets and $6.25 tickets to some games to me is giving seats away.

Agreed, I don't think the cost has anything to do with why Raymond James Stadium isn't full, thus giving tickets away for free isn't the solution.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Hear me out on this...

I know that attendance is a hot topic and a lot of people are unimpressed.  I think it's pretty impressive that we've gone from nothing to pulling in about 35k a game in less than 15 years.  Look at Pittsburg for a similar situation.  They do about as well as we do and they've had football for over 100 years, have multiple national championships, and some legendary NFL players.  I'm not making excuses, just pointing out something that is easy to forget.

Pitt hasnt been a relevant football program since Dan Marino. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

more evidence that we need an OCS...

45-50k

I support this message..

Raymond James is way too big of a stadium... the fan base in Tampa will NEVER fill it up unless its a hot ticket game like Miami, FSU, WV, etc. Don't get me wrong its a great venue and has great amenities but we really need a stadium. Also the amentites that we have at RayJay can be duplicated at an OCS... look at Louisville or Western Kentucky's new stadium improvements which are very NFL like.

Also lets say that we have an OCS and we end up having a ****** attendance game then with our own stadium the green/gold seats will blend in with the fans and make it seem like there are more butts in the seats.

• Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  1

We actually do give tickets away. The place I work gets 2 tickets (or more) for free to every home game because of our relationship with the university.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

more evidence that we need an OCS...

45-50k

I support this message..

Raymond James is way too big of a stadium... the fan base in Tampa will NEVER fill it up unless its a hot ticket game like Miami, FSU, WV, etc. Don't get me wrong its a great venue and has great amenities but we really need a stadium. Also the amentites that we have at RayJay can be duplicated at an OCS... look at Louisville or Western Kentucky's new stadium improvements which are very NFL like.

Also lets say that we have an OCS and we end up having a ****** attendance game then with our own stadium the green/gold seats will blend in with the fans and make it seem like there are more butts in the seats.

This is a silly thread to make (give away tickets) after the first three games when we are playing basically nobody teams.

The rest of our schedule has Cinci (HC), UL, Miami, and WVU. -- judge the fan base on those games. If we keep winning, those seats will be filled by paying customers and the football program will benefit greatly. When I buy my season tickets-- I generally expect to eat a few of them for the less important games-- SO DO OTHER SEASON TICKET HOLDERS AT SCHOOLS LIKE UF. You think there are people clamoring to get those UAB or other scrub payday game tickets earlier this year for UF--- NOPE. It does give some a chance to go that never get a chance to go however.

it's the way it is-- I know the rest of the season, I will have people using all my season tickets. I ended up only eating one so far-- for the FAMU game because my friends were sick. The rest of the year it will be no problem finding someone who will go if someone can't make it. When I buy my tickets-- I intend to go to every single game and I know my extras will be in high demand for the key games. It balances out the season ticket purchase.

this is not the time to panic. They are running plenty of "almost" giving them away promotions for these lesser games as it is. Each time we win a big game, the interest gets a little more-- so this game at Pitt is key to having an attendance boost like we saw in 2007

PS-- to the original poster-- The Glaziers get ZERO money from our ticket sales. They only get revenues from concession sales and some parking areas. I believe TSA gets money from the rent we pay based on the sections we use. If we give away complete sections-- that isn't free at all-- it costs us huge money each time we open up another area. It's why the west upper deck isn't used until the east upper deck is sold out.

Archived