• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone know what section is the visitor's?

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, I meant for this to be on the travel board. Mods?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Anyone know what section is the visitor's?

Our tickets, through the school, are in 112a.  Looking at the stadium seating chart, it appears as though they have moved things around.  Pretty sure prior years we were in 101 on the south end.  Sect 112 is in the NW corner. 

While I was watching their game the other day it appeared that they moved the student section to the south endzone.  Maybe it was that way 2 years ago but I've blocked out that game from my memory.  In our first two visits their students were around 112.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Is there some sort of usf sponsored tailgate? I got a few buddies and we are looking to tailgate.

Is there some sort of usf sponsored tailgate? I got a few buddies and we are looking to tailgate.

There is the normal tailgate through the Bulls Club or Alumni.  Don't have the email available right now.  But believe it is $25 for about 1.5 - 2 hours with food, beer and wine.  Not sure if we are doing it.  Depends on what our friends want to do and whether it is a noon start.

No need to rush to the RU game. You and your buddies may be the only USF fans in sight.

We may be bailing on this trip. Would mean losing a few hundred in tickets but would save more than that in hotels, rental cars, airfare.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

im still going... does anyone have the bullsclub or alumni contacts?

We've decided to go to the Rutgers game and blow off the Syracuse game. Being away for the 10 days sounded like a good idea at the time we booked, but it is just a bit long with the situation at home.

Haven't decided on the tailgate yet. We're waiting for 2 things. One, game time. If it is a nooner, we probably won't do it. Two, we're going with friends that, while not RU fans per se, will be sporting RU gear. Don't know if I want to drag them into our tailgate tent.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

My wife is having her baby shower on the RU game-decided to fly to Rutgers for the game...any advice or help as this my first RU trip would help

Not sure what you are looking for exactly but will give you some ideas.

If you are renting a car, plan on getting there early. You can google Rutgers Football Parking to get an idea of the lots. Most of them are reserved parking only now. Last time we parked at the RAC (Athletic Center) and took the shuttle. It is a bit of a pain, but we left early because of the blowout (ran into Leavitt's mother in law as she left early too) which made catching a bus easier.

If you are looking for mass transit, there is a train station in Downtown New Brunswick. There are buses that run from downtown but not sure how far the train station is from the buses that run from N.B. to the stadium. Also not sure how far the train station is from the Newark Airport.

If you are planning on doing the Alumni tailgate you can sign up for that until Nov 1st. That is being held in/at the Visitor Center on the campus.

If you are looking for a cool local place, we tried Stuff yer Face last year in New Brunswick. Parking was street parking only and you may be the only Bulls fan in there. It was on Man v Food.

The fans there suck for the most part. Being from NJ originally, I hate that this may be the only exposure that USF fans get to people from NJ. But their fans are among the worst I've encountered. And we were walking to the stadium with friends wearing RU gear.

We're staying in Somerset which is only a few miles from the stadium. There are hotels there and also along Rt. 18 near the Turnpike entrance.

Let me know if there is anything else I can try to help you with.

Archived