• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame Colors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,107
  • Days Won:  39

Honestly, has any team had success with these "color-outs"?  Maybe Penn State with White outs, but FSU Black out is an L every year.  WVU got spanked in the White outs, and Yellow outs if I remember right.  Oregon just has too many options to think any are color outs. 

I can see the white helmets for ND.  As much as I do not like them, I can concede the point there.  Or Green if that is true.  I am sure we will be in White jerseys.  I hope Green pants, just not all white..  look like PJs. 

Green Helmet, White Jersey, Gold Pants.. badda bing.

I recall a pretty terrible blackout game with UGA also.  These gimmicky things are pretty dumb.  I will agree that whenever we wear all white it looks like pajamas...  I like when teams wear classic uniforms for big games.  There's nothing worse than tuning in to a big game and everyone is wearing some camo outfit with "Courage" on the back of their jersey or watching Nike debut some new hideous multicolored/futuristic concoction in a big SEC rivalry game.

When I go back and look at the FSU game pictures, I see USF vs. FSU.  I like that teams like ND keep the classic-looking uniforms as everyone else goes as obnoxiously ugly and gimmicky as they can.

Green and gold let's go Bulls go!  :P

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Notre Dame wears green for special games like someone stated earlier. They are playing Michigan the week after us and it is the first night game ever played in the Big House. Both ND & Michigan will be wearing throwback jerseys and ND has sold green throwback jerseys to fans for this game. Since they are the away team against Michigan, they will be wearing a combination of gold/white/green as the link below shows. We will get them in their traditional blue & gold.

http://counterkicks.com/2011/06/10/adidas-unveils-michigan-notre-dame-retro-football-uniforms-for-under-the-lights-game/

Archived