• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 Strikes and your OUT-Maybe it is USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Greenie got 2 T's and ejected........His team played well in the begining of the game vs Duke and has played well all season.  It seems like they play the same type of playground bball played at USF..his team cannot box out or hit free throws, but his squad is playing well.

Maybe it wasnt Greenie and its USF in general......all those turnovers last night would not cut it against an NAIA school

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

That was vintage Greenberg... Brad and I got a big kick out of that... the best part was Seth's quote on ESPN.go.com...

"I feel bad for my daughters and my wife, because, obviously, I embarrassed them and that's not something I want to happen," Greenburg said. "I did not use profanity -- until I was tossed."

They got taken to the woodshed tonight... Coach K didn't call off the dogs like Huggy Bear did for us the other night. We would be looking at the same type of embarrassing score if it wasn't for a very likeable Huggins!

Sucks to be a Hokie tonight!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Over on the Hokies board they are talking about how they got jobbed by the refs, I guess that's why Seth got himself tossed. Not like they would have won in any case, and the fans over there know that but this was a case of "welcome to the ACC, this is Cameron Indoor" from both Duke and the refs. Va Tech is exceeding fans expectations and even though its not a winning season the fans seem content with their limited success because it's more than what they were expecting.

Speaking of welcoming committees, you know a lot of Big East teams are going to assume the "welcome to the Big East" attitude and they will want to pour it on. I wouldn't count on getting too many calls on the road, either.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

vt failed to play basic fundamental basketball

little movement without the ball

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wrong board.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Sheriff,

You were not at that CINCYvsUSF game, so please dont say that Huggins called off the dogs. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things that you have said. Since you were watching the game on TV, you didnt notice Huggins getting into his players faces late in the second half. You could hear Huggins yell, WAKE UP!!!!! to his players.  Sure Cincy may have not been up for that game, but I can tell you that Huggins did not take it easy on USF like you state. If he did, he would have brought his walk on in the game early named Meeker.

As for Seth, he just proved the main reason I am glad he is not at USF right now. He embarrassed his team last night by getting ejected once again. Brought back memories of that ECU game in where Seth made a big fool out of himself. MM, I am glad the Hokie fans are happy thus far. What they dont know is that they will never get to the next level under Seth.  I as a USF fan have lived what they are going to go through. Being an average team will get boring to those  fans and they will call for Seth's head just like USF did while he was here.  Now, Seth is starting to piss off the offficials in the ACC which is a bad move. He did the same thing here at USF, and sure enough we would not get calls from the officials because I believe they got tired of Seth's attitude. Seth should have taken the beating like a man and kept him in the game instead of getting ejected. What a poor example to show to your team. It wont be long before Seth's recruits at VaTech learn from Seth's attitude and then the program will go down hill.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Being an average team will get boring to those  fans and they will call for Seth's head just like USF did while he was here.

I'd rather be "average" than the state of the USF program is in right now...how long is McCullum going to need to "build" his "program" again?  :-/

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

not just one year... geesh... have a bit of patience... please...  we are 1.75 years in and you guys thing it should be rebuilt already.  Well it doesn't work that way.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

In Tech's defense... Duke shot 50 free throws... 50! Message boards across the country piped in how Tech got jobbed by the officiating. Would Tech have beaten Duke? No... of course not... but making a game one sided isn't fair either.

Brad and I both bullieve Huggins called off the dogs at halftime of the Cinci game. TV is always a better angle of how the teams are playing. Cinci's intensity on D was not even half as strong as it was in the 1st half. Teams don't just forget how to play... not accepting it. Read Huggy's post game comments... even he was like... "ok... next."

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I agree, they probably did call off the dogs... but that doesn't really mean all that much... they certainly didn't call off the dogs when we were down by 14... at that point they were getting a bit nervous, not that we would win, but that despite how bad we werw playing, we weren't more than a couple stops from making it competitive.  Once it was back to 25... then you could see it lighten up a bit and Armein Kirkland took over at handling the ball.  If they wanted to... they could have made that a 40 pt game, i'm sure.  We had no one scoring except swift, and that is a recipe for a score much worse than it was.