• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 Strikes and your OUT-Maybe it is USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,502
  • Days Won:  43

Jeez, how many times has Marq, Cincy, UL, Memphis, UAB, USM (yes USM) have to call off the dogs while your man Seth was coaching a USF?? Lets stop trying to make Seth look good because he was not. And MarkeyMark, you can thank your boy Seth for this long rebuilding process at USF. Check in with us when Va Tech is going through the same rebuilding problem in about 3 to 4 years from now.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Velcro - I thought McCullum WAS rebuilding? It's difficult to imagine why you think I would call for a rebuilding when the current effort is just underway.

BB2k - Don't blame Seth because coach MAC threw the baby out with the bathwater. The new baby is still pretty **** ugly at this stage.

And the old baby was not that much prettier either. Lets not forget that it was Yusef Baker that broke the law with the Pot possesion. USF had no choice but to let him go. The kid was lost after Seth left. Ditto for Danny Olgesby. Those players loved Seth. Also, Greg Brittain cheats and makes the program look bad. Jimmy Baxter had an attitude problem at times. The ECU game was when both Jimmy and SETH lost their composure. There were no Reggie Kohns or Will McDonalds when McCullum took the job. Hell, many coaches didnt want the USF job because they knew about the problems on and off the court. We have to give McCullum some credit for putting his coaching career in jeopardy by accepting the USF job IMO. Hell, McCullum could have stayed at Western Michigan for a few more years so that a bigger named school would hire him. It is not like McCullum had to take the USF job. Lets be thankful that we have a coach that is trying to lay the foundation at USF the right way instead of the quick fix way like Seth did. It almost worked for Seth in that he had interviews with both Miami and Oregon St. It was no secret that our recruiting went downhill under Seth because those kids didnt want to go to USF while Seth was going to leave the program.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Velcro - I thought McCullum WAS rebuilding? It's difficult to imagine why you think I would call for a rebuilding when the current effort is just underway.

BB2k - Don't blame Seth because coach MAC threw the baby out with the bathwater. The new baby is still pretty **** ugly at this stage.

he is rebuilding, did i say you were calling for rebuilding?  i think that was BB2k that said that.

In that case, it's difficult to imagine why you think ANYBODY would call for rebuilding when the current effort is just underway.

From what I understood, Oglesby had problems along the line of Brian Fisher (ie, knocked-up girlfriend, etc.) which caused him to move back closer to home. Funny how when it's one of Leavitt's prize players everyone is ready to forgive the player, but when it's one of Seth's recruits it's all about character assasination of a coach many people hate.

It's not like Seth had to take the job, either so that's a moot point.

Peace Out!

Gee, if it weren't for this thread the TBGSF board would hardly get any traffic...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

MM, i wasn't aware of Oglesby's family problem... i truly to this day had no idea why he left.

MM,

I never said I didnt like Danny O. Hell, I would take that kid back in a minute, but he just didnt want to be here at USF anymore once Seth left. I liked Yusef Baker too, but he just made some dumb mistakes off the court that caused him to leave. Yusef seemed to really like Seth too, so I bet he was upset about his coach leaving. And you right in that Seth didnt have to take the USF job either. Well, at least USF was no far removed from those good NIT and NCAA appearances before Seth took the job. Seth promised too much for us which may have caused this uproar before he left.  We were a stepping stone for Seth just like I think we are a stepping stone for MAC. The only difference is that MAC has a major rebuilding job to do. Seth had a rebuilding job too, but I believe it was not as challenging as what Mac has right now. Look, I am not sold on MAC right now, but I do like his discipline on the team. That is one of the positives that MAC has going for him. He still has a lot to prove before we know he is the one IMO.