• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With only 4-5 scholarships left...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think RB is a VERY High Priority!

I expect we will again sign Tiger Powell, if he gets his AA.

g258000000000000000df3a56f15d98f5e49815ccecad0d6f5def0b40b4.jpg

The Jones County Junior College Bobcats #6 Lavoris “Tiger†Powell (Columbia County High School in Lake City, Fla.)

Is he due to get his AA in 2012 or 2013? just wondering...

It was originally hoped he would get it in 1 1/2 years and be here in Jan 2012.

JUNE 04, 2010 USF signee Powell starts class at junior college

Lake City Columbia running back Tiger Powell, who signed with USF in February, has started classes at Jones County Junior College in Mississippi, with hopes of joining the Bulls in January 2012.

"We're shooting for a year and a half here," said Steve Boyd, an assistant at Jones who said that Powell started summer classes at the school on Tuesday. "He's in school here now and can work in the weight room this summer, get adjusted to campus before we start practice in August."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/usf-signee-powell-starts-class-junior-college

I know he played for them last season. I assume he will at least graduate in spring '12.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I hope that they land a couple of DEs. Who are they targeting at this position?   

Well, we had a verbal early on from R Brown who decomitted and went Miss St.

Now. we have one from D Perry, who appears to be a long term project, because of his low weight. His brother plays DE for Miami.

Our best chance seems to be with Sheldon Rankins.

Of course, we would like to get T McCord and L Wiliams, but those are long shots.

Perhaps, someone else has more to add.

http://usf.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?Other=2&School=70&Sport=1&Position=11&Position=12&Year=2012&qs=1

I think we are also heating up on Luke Adams from Pensacola.

• Content Count:  72
  • Days Won:  0

I dont know why you think we have 4-5 left.  We are going to sign close to 20.  WE have 10 left

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I dont know why you think we have 4-5 left.  We are going to sign close to 20.  WE have 10 left

I tend to agree with this.  I'd be surprised if we ended up with fewer than 18.  I think 20 or 21 is more likely.

Players will leave naturally.  Guys that get jumped by underclassmen will leave and scholly's will open up. 

Archived