• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamie Gilmore RB (Citra FL./North Marion)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

No room for RB Gilmore at Miami, USF next in line?

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=long_corey&id=6673387

Running back Jamie Gilmore (Citra, Fla./North Marion) made a strong impression on Miami coaches at their summer camp last weekend.

And although his efforts were noticed, he was also aware that the Hurricanes are in a number crunch.

"I thought I did well at Miami's camp, they didn't give any awards or anything but the coaches spoke to me," Gilmore said. "Right now they've got [Randy "Duke" Johnson (Miami/ Miami Norland)] committed and since he and I are similar backs there really isn't room for me there.

"They want a bigger running back and I appreciate the fact that they were honest with me."

Don't feel too bad for Gilmore because he's got several more options including Cincinnati, Duke, Maryland, Rutgers, Marshall and Utah.

Gilmore says he's laying low for a good portion of this month and participating in team conditioning sessions.

The next plan is to head to Bull's Night at South Florida, where he has already been offered and is interested.

"I like USF a lot, I have been there on a couple of occasions and I like it around there," Gilmore said. "I think it's going to be a good time."

Gilmore says there's also an out-of-state tour planned with teammates LaTroy Pittman and Sean Price.

"All three of us are supposed to take a little road trip and hit some schools around the Southeast," Gilmore said. "Maybe get out to Tennessee and Ole Miss and Vanderbilt and schools like that. We'll see if it happens though."

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622

Maybe we could get Gilmore and Price in a package deal.

Yes please. That would be a beautiful thing.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Any news on whether Jamie is coming this weekend?

Yes.

USFBullsEYE USFBullsEYE.com

Port St. Lucie ATH Travares Copeland, Ga OL Kofi Amichia, Citra (Fla.) RB Jamie Gilmore and TE Sean Price, and Daphne (Ala.) DE Eric Lee

9 hours ago

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Cool, thanks, I think this weekend is gonna be fun. Wish I could be over there to watch the campers.

Ok Jamie Your turn.

;D

joshnewberg247 Josh Newberg

Im confident #USF will pickup another big commit tomorrow. #Bulls are on a roll.

6 minutes ago

• Content Count:  1,757

Good article from Ocala.com. After Price's commitment, their coach expects Gilmore may do that same..

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110624/ARTICLES/110629801/1026/SPORTS

Good article from Ocala.com. After Price's commitment, their coach expects Gilmore may do that same..

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110624/ARTICLES/110629801/1026/SPORTS

Thanks.

Damon says he expects another of Price's teammates — fellow 2012 prospect Jamie Gilmore — to attend today's USF SuperBull recruiting camp at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

The veteran coach says it's possible the three-star running back could be the next USF verbal commitment.

“I think it could happen,†Damon said. “They could both end up there. We've all talked about it — them going to school together — they'd love to be college teammates.â€

Price, who called Miami, Tennessee, Arkansas and Notre Dame his other finalists, fully expects Gilmore to be in Tampa with him next season.

“Most definitely,†Price said. “He's the one who got me on USF.â€

Archived