• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There are no words what to call Scottie Pippen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

how does a guy who owes every ounce of his success in the nba to a player say he is not the greatest ever.  Everyone knows there will never be another Mike.  Kobe has 5 rings and they dont compare and this idiot wants to say Lebron can be the best ever?  Guy doesnt have a ring.  He had to join another nba title winner to even get a real chance.  He says lebron does it on D?  Jordan has mad 9 nba first team all defense team, i think he won nba d player of the year 3 times!  Pippen sat on the bench hurt vs the pistons in the championship and mike did it by himself.  lebron would have to win at least 3 titles in Cleveland before we even thought of this and that, now, will never happen.  How can yo ube better than Jordan when youre not even the best playuer on your own team?

Completely ignorant, stupid, uncalled for and the best way to describe it is disrespectful.  Without Jordan pippen would be in teh ranks with Otis thorpe not in the top 50 nba players ever.  which i dont believe he should be there. 

Lebron cant even sniff jordans greatness, not even close.  Mike did it with the team he was drafted on with role player help.  Not 3 100 million dollar contract guys.  Pup is an effin loser. 

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/29612173

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Would Jordan have 6 titles without Pippen, Rodman, etc...?

Nobody does it on their own. Were you crying when the Celtics got their Big 3?

I guess the Knicks are a joke because they have to trade for Carmelo and Stodemire cant do it on their own.

Were you crying when the Mets spent a boat load of money to bring talent to NY? You like the Yankees to. What is the differnce between the way the Yankees do business and the Miami Heat's model?

The Heat are the Yankees of the NBA.

Haters are always gonna hate.

Its not healthy Bruce.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Heat haven't done anything yet. Lebron hasn't done anything yet. Its too soon to make any sort of comparison, and you really can't have this conversation until Lebron's career is done. Funny how when Wade whipped out the King Kong Balls on Dallas in '06... with a bunch of over the hill former allstars + Jason Kapono, nobody was comparing him to MJ. IMO that performance was the closest thing to MJ we have seen since '98 and any point thereafter.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Would Jordan have 6 titles without Pippen, Rodman, etc...?

Nobody does it on their own. Were you crying when the Celtics got their Big 3?

I guess the Knicks are a joke because they have to trade for Carmelo and Stodemire cant do it on their own.

Were you crying when the Mets spent a boat load of money to bring talent to NY? You like the Yankees to. What is the differnce between the way the Yankees do business and the Miami Heat's model?

The Heat are the Yankees of the NBA.

Haters are always gonna hate.

Its not healthy Bruce.

Like you said and its obvious now you never watched the NBA (typical Miamian)

Jordan won championships without Rodman.  Who is Rodman anyway?  Jordan did  it with no one.  He did it with guys like Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, john Paxson, Steve Kerr, Stackey King, Craig Hodges, etc.  Basically he did it how Lebron should have done it with Cleveland, but couldnt.  Pippen is the most overrated player to ever play.  He had no jump shot and was not a solid scorer in any sense.  he had some handle some good court vision and defense.  Without Mike he is a shawn marion/caron butler type player. 

Boston wasnt good with just Pierce, then they signed Garnett an over the hill Allen and drafted a great pg in Rondo.  They did it right.  Wade, Lebron and Bosh are all 100 million dollar contrats.  Lets not me a Miami "fan".  BTW tix were still for sale in teh celts vs heat series in miami this year.  laughable. 

knicks have Melo and stoudemire and are going to try and follow miami route in getting Howard or Paul and it wont work.  I think the NBA is the front office of the knicks now anyway, they want them to win more than any franchise.  Fact.  David stern is a knick fan

dig deep Fl sports what were you doing last few years during the NBA playoffs?  Ill tell you sitting on the couch doing nothing.  You arent an nba fan you obviously dont know anything if you could even begin to compare Lebron, no rings and Jordan 6 rings on his won.  How did the Bulls do in the 2 years jordan left the nba?  how did they do when he got back?  Im not a hater you just dont know ****.   

Bullphin you are exactly right, I would compare Wade to jordan way before Lebron and he isnt comparable either. Kobe is the closest and thats not close either. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Bruce has saved me a **** LOAD of typing in this thread.  Bron will never be Jordan he's not wired that way and isn't capable of raising the level of average players to a level that they can win a NBA title.  How can you compare a guy without a ring to the greatest player of all time who has 6 of them?  Scotty is just being a jealous ***** and insecure that he owes his whole career to MJ. 

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone who actually watched Jordan and Lebron will laugh at those statements.  LeBron is playing in a much weaker NBA and still doesn't dominate a game the way Jordan did.  Shoot, Jordan didn't just score, he was so much of a threat he made EVERYONE on the floor better.  Ever watch an old Chicago game?  Notice how OPEN EVERYONE on the Bulls is on every shot?  That's bc the WHOLE DEFENSE would collapse on Jordan/clog the lane for fear he'd drive every time down the floor.  Jordan knew it and would drive and dish.  Better than that, Jordan was incredibly "plugged in".  IF a guy was hot, Jordan made sure he was the guy that got the ball. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Anyone who actually watched Jordan and Lebron will laugh at those statements.  LeBron is playing in a much weaker NBA and still doesn't dominate a game the way Jordan did.  Shoot, Jordan didn't just score, he was so much of a threat he made EVERYONE on the floor better.  Ever watch an old Chicago game?  Notice how OPEN EVERYONE on the Bulls is on every shot?  That's bc the WHOLE DEFENSE would collapse on Jordan/clog the lane for fear he'd drive every time down the floor.  Jordan knew it and would drive and dish.  Better than that, Jordan was incredibly "plugged in".  IF a guy was hot, Jordan made sure he was the guy that got the ball. 

Also the NBA as a lot more physical on the defensive end when Jordan played.  Lebron would be crying all game if he played during the Jordan era. 

Exhibit A:

The single greatest individual playoff performance in NBA history is on on NBA TV right now (2006 NBA Finals Game 6). Still got time to make popcorn, it's only the second quarter with Miami leading.

Now Jordan did this sort of thing for 6 years straight years. Lebron's NBA Finals resume does not compare favorably... at least not at this point in time.

Lebron disagrees with Scottie:

MIAMI -- Scottie Pippen said LeBron James may be basketball's greatest player ever.

Among those who disagree: LeBron James.

The Miami Heat forward provided his reaction to Pippen's comparison between James and Michael Jordan on Saturday, essentially saying he was flattered by the sentiment but simply does not believe he's done enough to merit mention among the game's highest echelon.

Mike and Mike in the Morning

Basketball Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen says Michael Jordan was the greatest scorer ever, but LeBron James could be the greatest NBA player ever.

More Podcasts »

"I'm not better than Jordan," James said.

Pippen -- who won six championships alongside Jordan in Chicago during the Bulls' epic run in the 1990s -- told ESPN Radio on Friday that while Jordan is "probably the greatest scorer to play the game," James "may be the greatest player to ever play the game."

Pippen even backed up the comments later on Twitter, hours after his words sparked a bit of a firestorm, though tried to clarify a bit by saying that while he thinks Jordan "is the greatest," James "could" reach that pinnacle in time.

James seemed mildly uncomfortable by the discussion.

"Michael's an unbelievable player," James said Saturday. "I've got a long way -- long way -- to be mentioned as far as one of the all-time greats. Not even just Jordan. There's a lot of great players who have played in this league. Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, all these guys who are floating around with multiple rings, Bill Russell, all these guys who have pioneered this game.

"I'm gracious. Humbled by Scottie's comments, especially with him being a teammate of his and seeing Michael on a day-to-day basis. But as far as me, I'm not going to sit here and say I'm better than Jordan. I'm not better than Jordan."

James is four wins away from his first NBA championship. The Heat host the Dallas Mavericks in Game 1 of the NBA finals on Tuesday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6603651

Hillarious how the media hangs from Lebron's 'sack. Nobody was having this discussion on 2006 when it was actually a discussion that had merit at the time. Instead they chose to talk about officiating.

Guest nybullsfan

Hopefully Lebron will foul out while sending DoJo to the line for the game-winning free throws!!

Archived