• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chris Black, WR, First Coast HS, JaX, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Great hands. Great speed. An elite WR. FSU likes him alot. The SEC and the ACC have rolled out a red carpet for him. Hope he takes us seriously.

Via Twitter

AndrewJBone

National 100 WR Chris Black from First Coast HS in Jacksonville, Fla., expects #USF at school tomorrow. And plenty more... He is right

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

this kid is going to be really good.  i expect us to be in contention at some point.

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Just saw this tweet earlier concerning this guy and his teamates

1stCG 1st Coast Gridiron

by RivalsCNee

South Florida stop by First Coast High today to check out WR Chris Black, WR Brandon Brooks, LB Reggie Northrup & DE Mali Evans #USF

Reggie Northrup looks to be garnering some interest from SEC and ACC teams.

• 3 months later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Here's an article which talks about his decision

First Coast wide receiver verbally commits to Alabama

Black chooses Crimson Tide over FSU

Posted: August 5, 2011 - 3:00pm

Advertisement

By Hays Carlyon

The tide in Florida State’s recruiting pipeline to First Coast High turned on Friday when Standout receiver Chris Black committed to Alabama.

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Black is considered the nation’s 57th overall prospect and a four-star recruit by Rivals.com. Black bucked the First Coast trend as several top-flight Buccaneers have signed with the Seminoles in recent years.

“My decision wasn’t based on one or two things,†Black said. “I have a great relationship with the coaches at both Florida State and Alabama. I prayed about it and in my heart felt more comfortable at Alabama.â€

As a junior, Black caught 12 touchdowns and gained 940 yards. He’ll have an early opportunity to play at Alabama, as the Crimson Tide enters this season with a few key senior contributors.

“That most definitely played a big role,†Black said. “They told me there’s room for me to come in and immediately help solidify their receiving unit. I did my research throughout this process and analyzed each situation. That’s why I’m so comfortable with this decision.â€

Black is set to graduate early and enroll at Alabama in January. He has no plans to visit other schools this fall.

“It’s over for me,†Black said. “It’s a done deal.â€

Despite losing Black, FSU remains in great shape in this recruiting cycle. The Seminoles entered Friday with 16 commitments and were ranked second in the nation in Rivals’ rankings.

Black is the fourth First Coast player to commit to an NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision school. He joins linebackers Reggie Northrup (Miami) and Joseph Jackson (West Virginia), as well cornerback Shaq Beverly (Troy).

Read more at Jacksonville.com:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-state-seminoles/2011-08-05/story/first-coast-wide-receiver-verbally-commits#ixzz1UBbV41E7

Archived