• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#7 Ranked USF Rugby in South Regional Championship this Weekend (Sweet 16)

Guest nybullsfan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Yup, thanks for posting for me Mike.  It was a brutal game.  Started off with a massive hit by USF on their forward receiving the opening kick where he was absolutely HAMMERED!  USF jumped out to the quick lead just like yesterday 6-0 after a successful XP after the try.  Then ECU jumped back with a 3 point kick and the battle was on.  USF DOMINATED every scrum and "throw in".  Right before half we had a player sent off for a foul so we played one man down for about 10 minutes, but ECU couldn't really capitalize.  USF then dominated the rest of the way and may have been worse as we had a few kicks just miss.  It was an AWESOME game and our Bulls played well and didn't get sucked into the many cheap shots ECU was dishing out.  Funny moment of the game was after a foul an ECU player said, "They can't handle our defense guys," yet we were up 12-3 I believe at that point and shortly after pounded it in for another try.

Great weekend as USF win the championship and Hunter won on opening day 12-5 in his baseball game so as Charlie Sheen would say, WINNING!!!!!  Only disappointment was walking to the truck and Hunter was sad he wouldn't be able to see the next round down in Sanford.  That's a close drive for you guys down there in Tampa, get out and support these guys.  It's also a great time and the team is GREAT about engaging the fans.  We were walking the sideline with the team, talking with players like Big Country and Hunter even was retrieving the balls and Coach Campbell brought him in after the game as he read the thank you note Hunter wrote the team this morning before the game.  ONe thing is for sure, this little guy has become a big fan.

I'll start uploading the pics here shortly.  Took quite a few, but we'll see how many are web worthy here after I get them uploaded to photobucket...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

Great Game, congrats USF Rugby!!!!

Final Four bound, y'all get out to Sanford and support your team, if you can!

Two more wins, and we are the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Congrats to Hunter on the baseball win too, BTW!

Next Game:

USA Rugby Division II National Championship Tournament on

April 16/17 at the Seminole Soccer Complex in Sanford, FL.

Source:

http://www.varsityrugby.com/South/2011/2011DivIIChampionship.pdf

Archived