• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Proposal: Light rail along 275 downtown to Tampa International

UsfGoose

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Days Won:  3

And let's not forget. Rail systems are sexy. Sewer lines, paving roads, fixing a power grid...not so much.  So, regardless of the numbers

people (politicians) are attracted to shiny objects.

Ridden the DC Metro multiple times over the years, same with BART (SFO) and Charlotte as well as Boston. The best I've seen thus far -

as a complete system was in Germany and Austria. Here in the Democratic People's Republic of Carrollwood, the nearest bus stop to my

house is just over a mile away, on Gunn Highway and Casey.  It seems like most of the posts on here tout the benefits of the train in

getting to the dozen or so ball/hockey/civic events per year, and not a great cry for everyday commuting. And the car is...freedom.

And that's a tough sell. Just saying, that my experience has been that the only people who use the bus/public transit on a regular basis

down here, are the ones that HAVE TO. No car, no license and incredible flexibility in time management. And if it comes up for another

popular vote, the results would be the same "what's in it for me"?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

some of conservatives on madcow are against high speed rail

high speed rail is way to go

california is doing it up and down coast and to las vegas----in the works

Archived