• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers Blocking Q.B. from CANES

cygnus34

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers QB transfer Tom Savage says he would like to at least consider UM as a future home.

But, at least for now, he can't.

Savage says the Scarlet Knights have denied permission to talk to Cane coaches or transfer to the University of Miami. Savage says he's appealed that decision and will have a hearing in the next 10 days.

"We have an attorney trying to speed things up," Savage said.

Savage says a couple of other schools along with UM are on the list of schools not approved by Rutgers.

"Right now we're going through the process," Savage said. "I'm interested in Miami, so we're going through the appeal process right now. We anticipate the appeal being overturned because Rutgers doesn't play Miami. There's got to be a pretty good reason."

Because Rutgers hasn't allowed it, Savage says he has been unable to talk with Miami coaches.

"They have to sign a permission to contact form, and the coach (Greg Schiano) denied that," Savage said.

Savage will have to sit out a year at whichever school he attends.

Of his interest in Miami, Savage said, "I was recruited there before, my first recruiting process. I'm familiar with the coach down there now - (Al Golden) was up in my area at Temple. That was a tough job to go into and he really turned it around."

Savage says he hopes to hear by early next week if he can talk to Miami coaches.

"Miami's definitely a great opportunity, a great school and a great fit," he said.

Savage transferred from Rutgers after losing his starting job last season to freshman Chas Dodd - Savage hurt his hand against Tulane and never got the job back. Savage played 18 games during his two-year career and competed 52.2 percent of his passes. He finished with 2,732 yards passing, 16 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. As a freshman he took over as starter following first two games and led team to a 9-4 record.

Savage had the best touchdown-to-interception ratio in the nation for any true freshman quarterback in 2009. He was rated a four-star recruit by Rivals.com coming out of Springfield (PA) Cardinal O'Hara High School.

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

he should stay home and go to Villanova.. he can start immediately, and maybe by his senior year, Nova will move up to 1-A Big East and he could beat Rutgers    lol

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

He can still go to UM, assuming he pays his own way.

Archived