• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Devin Clarke, WR Sebring HS, Sebring, FL

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Stay on him, he could be a great transfer.  Good luck Devin.  Hope the best for you.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The return from juco does not work out very often, but in 2 years you could see Clarke and montague get here.  Not bad.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The return from juco does not work out very often, but in 2 years you could see Clarke and montague get here.  Not bad.

I think that the typical may not apply. I know that Devin has stated how much he wants to be here and rejoin Sebring mate Bullock. Montague might be different, but I think our ties to Columbia are strong.

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/58/south-florida-bulls

just saw that ESPN had him listed as a committ. Is this an error? Have him listed as a JC and that commit date was in Feb 2012.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I think he has every intention of coming back to USF. Doing great work at Butler CC. If he has grades in line now, He would be a 2013 signing. Don't know if he would start classes in Spring or next fall. I think the ESPN info is a relic from his original interest. He is a deep threat at Butler. it's all in the grades.

Clarke takes long path to USF

Sebring football standout signs with Butler Community College

By HIGHLANDS TODAY | Highlands Today

Published: February 02, 2011

Updated: February 02, 2011 - 2:35 PM

SEBRING --

Sebring football standout Devin Clarke is taking the long route to the University of South Florida.

Before becoming a member of the Bulls program, Clarke will spend two years in El Dorado, Kan., playing for the Butler Community College Grizzles, the premier junior college program in the nation.

Since 1998, Butler boasts a 138-15 overall record and has claimed five national championships, while playing in the title game on two other occasions. The school has sent 34 players to the NFL and is the only junior college to win back-to-back national championships on two occasions.

More importantly, from Clarke's perspective, Butler has an excellent track record of prepping players for Division I schools, as the last three Butler teams sent players to LSU, Florida State, South Carolina, Oregon, Arkansas and South Florida.

"I think it's a good decision," Clarke said. "I just have to go in there and work hard and take care of what I have to take care of. Then I need to go out and do what I have to do at USF. It's an opportunity for me to go out and do what I do."

It was South Florida that recommended Butler to Clarke and the Bulls' recommendation was something that Blue Streak coach Jared Hamlin believed was important.

"Everything we know about Butler is that it's a great program," Hamlin said. "It's a great junior college and I think they'll do right by him and take care of him. That's the biggest thing because it's a long ways away from home."

The situation at Butler appears to be perfect for Clarke, as the Grizzlies lose their top four wide receivers from last year's squad, although Clarke said he was recruited by Tilman Clark, the team's running back coach. The Grizzlies may have plans on moving Clarke around, much as the Blue Streaks did this past season, where he played receiver and also lined up in the backfield on occasion.

"I think this is a great situation for him and I think he's going to make the most of it and you're going to see him at USF in a couple of years and he'll do great things," Hamlin said. "The skill set is there. There are things he's going to work on and that's the scary thing, just knowing he can get better."

Hamlin said Clarke is going to be sorely missed by the Blue Streaks, but he's anxious to see what the future will have in store.

"He's meant a lot to this program," Hamlin said. "I'm extremely proud of him for getting to this point right here. With his talent he has the opportunity to get an education and get an education for free and that's a great thing. We're very excited and happy for him."

Clarke was also anxious to see what the future holds.

"I'm looking forward," he said. "You can't look back."

Allen Moody can be reached at 863-386-5841 or amoody@highlandstoday.com

http://www2.highland...-usf-ar-307644/

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I believe he was mentioned in the Greg Auman chat the other day.

I believe he was mentioned in the Greg Auman chat the other day.

Greg Auman chat (Sept. 11, 2012)

2:28 spacer.gif

[Comment From GuestGuest: ] Devin Clarke at Butler, supposed to join Bulls after season. Can we get update?

fb_share2.png

Tuesday September 11, 2012 2:28 Guest

2:28 spacer.gif

Greg Auman: Will check there, too.

Free blurb from ESPN premium article.

September, 11, 2012

Sep 11

11:55

AM ET

By Mitch Sherman | ESPN.com

EL DORADO, Kan. – The top football program in the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference appears set to produce another bumper crop of major-college signees in this recruiting cycle.

Butler County Community College, league champion in 12 of the past 14 years, has started strong again this season with victories over Blinn College of Texas and conference foes Dodge City C.C. and Fort Scott C.C.

The latest group to play for coach Troy Morrell, who's in his 13th year at Butler, drew the interest of recruiters from approximately 50 schools in the spring. Morrell said his roster includes a pair of committed receivers – Javess Blue to Texas Tech and Devin Clarke to South Florida.