• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs UConn thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

USF loses 66-61 in OT and scored only 3 points in OT and that was 0.4 sec left.... CMonMan...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,616

just looked at box score and Poland was 1-13 overall from field at 0-6 from 3PT..........

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

How many games have we blown late?

Southern Miss, BYU, UConn...

I know I'm probably missing others too.

Guest nybullsfan

Sure would be nice to be able to hold on to a lead late - once again we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :(

Anyway, props to the team for a valiant effort!

Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  154

Very disappointing. We led by at least 9 midway through the second half and end up losing by 5. The announcers said it best though: UConn has the players, and we don't.

• Content Count:  19,229

just looked at box score and Poland was 1-13 overall from field at 0-6 from 3PT..........

bad game by poland... he missed so many shots, but he's been the only one showing up for most games.  Glad we gave a good effort and looked improved a little.  Would have liked to have won, of course, but they did play better than they have in a while.  Still making mistakes, especially the guards, but they protected the ball better overall and that was why they were able to hang.  THey got sloppy at the end, which allowed the comeback, and I sat on the edge of my seat the entire 2nd half waiting for the other shoe to drop.  It did, but way better result than I expected.  Now build on this!

• Content Count:  8

Guards, my kingdom for some guards!

And some foul shooters!

• Content Count:  677

One heck of a game bulls.  I caught the end,  actually found my self rooting for you.  Mosly for our RPI  but it is a start.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

bad game by poland... he missed so many shots, but he's been the only one showing up for most games.  Glad we gave a good effort and looked improved a little.  Would have liked to have won, of course, but they did play better than they have in a while.  Still making mistakes, especially the guards, but they protected the ball better overall and that was why they were able to hang.  THey got sloppy at the end, which allowed the comeback, and I sat on the edge of my seat the entire 2nd half waiting for the other shoe to drop.  It did, but way better result than I expected.  Now build on this!

The team can't do anything with a zone defense, so where is the improvement? The most shocking thing that happened in the game for me was it took hall of fame coach Jim Calhoun so long to use a zone defense. When USF got that 9 point lead in the 2nd half UCONN use it the 1st time and USF didn't do anything which totally turned the game around. Strangely enough Calhoun went back to a man defense after a timeout and USF at least started to function a little on offense again. Calhoun called for a zone defense late in the 2nd half and all of overtime completely shutting down USF the rest of the game.

This teams lack the preparation and as a result can't execute against a simple zone defense. Calhoun seemed to prideful to use it the entire game which would have made Uconn's job much easier. It will be interesting to see how much zone Nova plays. They like to pressure teams too, so will Jay Wright pride get in his way like it did with Calhoun?

Archived