• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gerrod Holliman: Safety

CPR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Gerrod Holliman is now listed as considering USF. I couldn't find a thread about him since the search feature isn't usable, so my bad if there is already a topic about him. He's listed as an ESPNU top 150 player.

Gerrod Holliman

Safety

CLASS: 2011

Miami Southridge Senior High School

6'0"

188 lbs

Scouts Grade 81

**** Stars

Overall Rank 47

Position Rank 3

Considering: Nebraska Cornhuskers, Louisville Cardinals, West Virginia Mountaineers, Wake Forest Demon Deacons, South Florida Bulls

Evaluation

Expect Holliman to heat up on the national recruiting scene this spring; he has great size, range, instincts and ball skills coveted at the next level. Simply makes plays. Tall, long, high-cut and well-defined. Will need to continue filling out his leaner frame to play strong safety at the next level but already has a free safety body. What first stands out on film his natural instincts and awareness skills in coverage and around the ball. Reads the quarterback accurately and soundly anticipates the pass. Consistently makes the right diagnosis and positions himself correctly to make plays on the ball. Flashes great athleticism, breaking burst off the hash, leaping and ball skills in deep coverage. Competes for the football and plays like he owns his deep zone. An excellent high-pointer. Transitions quickly and sharply out of his pedal breaking underneath despite not always displaying great technique. Drives hard on the underneath throw as well and if he does jump the route and separate the football, he will with a big a collision. A stout run supporter when positioned down in the box. Fills hard and is physical at the point of attack demonstrating good strength and pad level. Can effectively blitz off the edge and closes with good burst. However, we do feel he needs to sharpen his angles when running the alley. Makes solid contact as a tackler but needs to wrap up and run through more consistently. Shows a bit of hip stiffness changing direction and is better playing the ball in front of him than opening and turning to run. Overall, Holliman is a very active safety prospect with a ton of production as a junior. Well balanced, can fit into a number of schemes and still has room for a lot of improvement. Very good, underrated prospect with a lot of ability....

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Rivals and Scout  both have him with no interest in USF and no scheduled visit. Wonder which ones are clueless?

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I just noticed in ESPN hes listed as considering also, is USF making a late run at him or is ESPN really clueless?

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Said its between Wvu, LSU, OLE MISS and UL will announce on Sat at the game.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm beginning to hate Charlie Strong...

Well the bizarre thing is that Strong has now recruited 10 DB's and 4 WR's in this class. I guess he is gonna have safety's playing DL. He is now up to 22 recruits total, have to think he is either done or over his limit, as well. Most of these kids will never see the field.

• Content Count:  431

- 11 of 24 from FL

- 6 of top ten from FL (Per Scout: 60% of their top ten recruits are from FL!!)

OUCH

Their losses this year were all close except Pitt and I think Strong had less to work with than Holtz. With the talent he's bringing in I'm concerned.

• Content Count:  624

How can you hate on Charlie Strong? I would much rather see FL athletes go to Louisville than stay in FL and go somewhere other than USF. This only make Lville better and Big East look better. Quit hatin

Archived