• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ryan Perrilloux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

"quote saying he's going to Texas"          hehe

it was bound to happen, just sucks to hear......lets hope for Carlton Hill!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

"They don't have anything to worry about. I'm a firm commitment to Texas," Perrilloux said during a break between practices. "They should see me in the summertime."

"It's a 0.1 percent chance that I won't go to Texas," he said. "Texas is my school and I've been committed to them since the summertime. I enjoy going to Austin. I'm really good friends with all the coaches, all the players. They don't have anything to worry about. Texas is where I'm going to be at."

it was bound to happen, just sucks to hear......lets hope for Carlton Hill!!!

Rivals alert, Rivals alert.  Code Red, Code Red.  :-)

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

should i not have posted that??  I a new member to both sites

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Ping...If you make a post that has an error you can always correct it by clicking on "modify". You can even delete a post you made for some reason by clicking on "Remove" and indicating "YES".

As to your question, if the material is "premium" contact from Rivals it shouldn't be posted here.

Some of us quote FREE Rivals info and then try to give the URL for it.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Howie - I agree but it doesn't just apply to Rivals.  People shouldn't post premium info from any site (Rivals, Insiders, ESPN, FloridaKids.net, PrepStars, etc.) without permission.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I hope he still schedules an official visit to USF.  It looks good to other potential recruits who are thinking of coming here.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

It can be a difficult concept to grasp, seriously...

I buy a book for $27.95 I read it, I repeat what I read to others.   I might even cite it or quote it in a research paper, I might even donate to a library or sell it at a garage sale - no problem.

I buy a CD for $16.99, I play it, (I might even make a copy on my DVD burner) I play it at a party for others, I lend it to others - no problem.

I tape a TV show (free), I watch it again later with the wife, or loan to a friend to see.  Perhaps I TIVO the game and we all watch together later, or I play it in the background at a USF party.

I buy Rivals content (9.95 +/-)  - I better debrief myself after reading or perform a self-operated lobotomy.  

So I understand why someone new to both boards would not necessarily see the issue at first.  I signed up for PrepStars "paid info" once - when I realized I was forbidden to talk about the little real information that my payment covered, I canceled.

Rivals (and other pay site entities) views its content (and wishes others to) in the same light as the music tracks that were exchanged on the original napster.  Right? Wrong? Who cares,  that's the philosophy I guess.  I understand it.

One of these days some confused internet junkie is going to sue Rivals (name your premiumn content provider) for putting premium content in the hands of innocent folks that just meant well - and the information just went off, like a gun.

Only after constant repetition will one be conditioned on what to repeat and not repeat.  

I think a good rule of thumb is this.  If you are a paid member at Rivals - discuss that content on their premium board.  Even the Perilloux comments posted above were really nothing informative, nothing special, but need to be branded as Rivals words whether Mr. Perilloux intended them as such or not.  Someone from Rivals allegedly asked the question or recorded the answer - or simply posted them to a premium section.

If we can't stick to the basic rule that something read at a Rivals premium site is discussed there or erased from virtual memory, we will have these repeated Rivals interjections which have become more and more populous on this - a non-Rivals board that values its independence and automony.  I do not want the Rivals police sounding alerts over here - we too have a brand identity that we would like to maintain and grow.  I'd like them to be able to contribute like the rest of us (and they do) without sounding the Rivals alert (see above :)).  

Everytime a Rivals alert (obvious or subtle) sounds - the thread goes off topic like this one.

So PINGBULL, et al, we welcome you here and want you as a member that participates freely and often in our forums.  We'd like you to contribute often.  But in the case of stuff you read at Rivals, save that for talk around a remote water cooler or at the Rivals premium board.  

I hope my Rivals brothers appreciate the levity I have tried to interject along with the serious message on posting their content here...  smile everyone.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

By the way, I also think Rivals should be responsible providers of premium content.  When one of its subscribers is nabbed passing premium content on a non Rivals premium content board, they should have the perp's Rivals membership irrevocably canceled instead of issuing the Rivals alert on the domain of an independent site that already decries such indiscretions.

A firm stand such as this (and the associated forfeiture of revenue) would certainly get the attention of any future potential violators.