• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Champs invite rests largely on Maryland?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

what if we beat UConn now, still need Maryland win?

Yeah, the Maryland win was necessary to give FSU a chance at BCS or chic-fil-A, and they won.  We need the Uconn loss and a WVU win to put WVU in BCS.  And we need an ND loss to keep them out of Champs, but they are up at half.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

It sucks because USF had a decent shot at getting the bid, but at least it's out of the way, in a year in which the Big East is sucking big time. USF will have more opportunities, if by some stroke of luck anyone besides USF manages to get the BCS bid in the next three years.  ;)

• Content Count:  4,451

You know a guy that grew up in Notre Dame and is a huge fan at my work place told me that the Sun Bowl was looking a ND.  Now I didnt check if thats possible considering the BE tie-ins ND has but the guy is pretty fanatical about ND and follows them very closely.  So maybe the Champs will be available but next week is gonna be a tuff game to win.  UCONN is gonna be stoked and USF will be playing for nada.  Our players have been known to be head cases.  Hopefully Coach Holtz can get 'em up for the Sat. nooner.

Guest nybullsfan

I know ND has a deal with the Cotton as well, but I didn't know about the Sun. Could be just old news from the days when the Sun/Gator had the BE deal.

• Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

The Sun bowl, The Las Vegas bowl, The Fight Hunger bowl, The Little Caesars bowl, and either the Armed Forces Bowl or the New Mexico bowl will be available for whoever they want as the PAC 10, Big 10 and MWC wont be filling all their slots.  I think ND would take the Sun Bowl so they can keep the Champs Sports bowl in their pocket for future years when there arent as many options for them.

• Content Count:  4,451

The Sun bowl, The Las Vegas bowl, The Fight Hunger bowl, The Little Caesars bowl, and either the Armed Forces Bowl or the New Mexico bowl will be available for whoever they want as the PAC 10, Big 10 and MWC wont be filling all their slots.  I think ND would take the Sun Bowl so they can keep the Champs Sports bowl in their pocket for future years when there arent as many options for them.

Dang I vote for USF to the Vegas Bowl. Plenty to do in Vegas!

Archived