• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Weekends BE Games Discussion

DERBY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

If we finish 7-5, I doubt we play in the BOB bowl...I think we end of in Bham.  I also wouldnt be surprised at all if UCONN loses to Cincy and USF and ends up in St. Pete.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to think which of Pitt or WVU will rep the BE better in the Fiesta, and I'm thinking it'd be WVU, so I'm rooting for them. LOL

Glad to see the Cards get bowl-eligible. They're prolly a lock for Birmingham now.

Not necessarily. They will be 6-6, and while there is no rule any longer, there is still the perception that a 7-5 team (USF?) is a better choice.

I am betting the Cardinals are the number one choice for the Beef O Brady's bowl.

I completely disagree. I think the BOB wants either UCF or USF, to sell tickets, against an out-of-town opponent, to sell hotels.

If UCF is not available, USF will always be the BOB's #1 choice, and v.v.

Louisville will travel well... and Tampa Bay has the largest Louisville Alumni Assn chapter outside of Kentucky.  They won't need USF or UCF to sell tickets.  It's not like RayJay where they have to sell 65,000 tickets... less than half that, actually.

Moreover, I think they want to see how they do with two out of town teams.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Louisville will travel well... and Tampa Bay has the largest Louisville Alumni Assn chapter outside of Kentucky.

Wow, I never knew that, that's really interesting.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If we can win our last 2 games and WVU wins the league, then the Champs Bowl is a good possibility.

Guest nybullsfan

I'm trying to think which of Pitt or WVU will rep the BE better in the Fiesta, and I'm thinking it'd be WVU, so I'm rooting for them. LOL

Glad to see the Cards get bowl-eligible. They're prolly a lock for Birmingham now.

Not necessarily. They will be 6-6, and while there is no rule any longer, there is still the perception that a 7-5 team (USF?) is a better choice.

I am betting the Cardinals are the number one choice for the Beef O Brady's bowl.

I completely disagree. I think the BOB wants either UCF or USF, to sell tickets, against an out-of-town opponent, to sell hotels.

If UCF is not available, USF will always be the BOB's #1 choice, and v.v.

Louisville will travel well... and Tampa Bay has the largest Louisville Alumni Assn chapter outside of Kentucky.  They won't need USF or UCF to sell tickets.  It's not like RayJay where they have to sell 65,000 tickets... less than half that, actually.

Moreover, I think they want to see how they do with two out of town teams.

Nor I. Certainly changes things. UL vs. So Miss or some other driveable (but not day-trip) distance would sell a lot of hotel rooms if it came near a ticket sellout.

I agree, UL looks good to BOB. But we prolly still look better.

Still a lot of football to play yet. Let's win out, and hope for the Champs!

Guest nybullsfan

Watching the Iron Bowl and rooting against Auburn so TCU gets a shot at the title game, which would be cool.

But rooting FOR Alabama makes me feel so dirty - kinda like rooting for Rutgers. Just can't do it. Ugh!!

• Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Watching the Iron Bowl and rooting against Auburn so TCU gets a shot at the title game, which would be cool.

But rooting FOR Alabama makes me feel so dirty - kinda like rooting for Rutgers. Just can't do it. Ugh!!

I was pretty much doing the same thing.  Oh well.

Guest nybullsfan

It'll be a lot easier to root for the Ole Ball Coach against Auburn, though >:D

It'll be the same tomorrow, rooting for USC against ND. Ugh!

Archived