• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Weekends BE Games Discussion

DERBY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Neither are BCS worthy. I hate UCONN so go Pitt!

I really don't want UConn to represent the conference, because I think both West Virginia and Pitt would have at least a very slim hope of upsetting the Big XII champ in the Fiesta Bowl. I give UConn even less of a chance.

I obviously wanted USF to beat UConn anyway, but now I think the whole conference needs it to happen.

I agree we will be everyones fav team in two weeks. UConn as a BCS rep is bad. I really hope we can beat them. The visiting team has never won in the series since both have been in the BE.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Of course, there's still a quarter and a half to go in the Backyard Brawl, maybe Pitt can come back. They're down 21-7 with the ball just outside the red zone right now. They just have to stop turning it over.

Congrats to. the Lou. Cards. I think they will be at the BOB Bowl in St. Pete. As for Rutgers...so nice to see that they suck!

Put a fork in Pitt they are done...28 to 10. WV is the best BE team...I hope they actually get a chance to play in a BCS Bowl.

Guest nybullsfan

I'm trying to think which of Pitt or WVU will rep the BE better in the Fiesta, and I'm thinking it'd be WVU, so I'm rooting for them. LOL

Glad to see the Cards get bowl-eligible. They're prolly a lock for Birmingham now.

Not necessarily. They will be 6-6, and while there is no rule any longer, there is still the perception that a 7-5 team (USF?) is a better choice.

I am betting the Cardinals are the number one choice for the Beef O Brady's bowl.

I completely disagree. I think the BOB wants either UCF or USF, to sell tickets, against an out-of-town opponent, to sell hotels.

If UCF is not available, USF will always be the BOB's #1 choice, and v.v.

BOB will have the last choice and I think USF will already be selected by then. Of course I make this statement only if we win one more game.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Brian Bennett over at ESPN seems to think Pitt is a lock for Birmingham or St. Pete. He tweeted this about half an hour ago:

<i><blockquote>Pitt has tumbled from possible Fiesta Bowl to probably Birmingham or St. Pete. Bigger bowls don't want Panthers because of poor travel rep</i></blockquote>

And then he posted this to the Big East blog after the Louisville game:

<blockquote><i>But Louisville is an attractive bowl team because of its excited fan base, and the Cardinals absolutely will be in the postseason somewhere. </i></blockquote>

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/15384/louisville-going-bowling-rutgers-reeling

Assuming Bennett's comments are accurate, if UConn wins next week and goes to the Fiesta Bowl, I'd predict West Virginia in Orlando, Louisville in Charlotte, Syracuse in New York, Pitt in Birmingham and USF in St. Pete.

If USF beats UConn and sends West Virginia to the Fiesta Bowl, it's less clear, because I think UConn goes to Charlotte in that case, and I don't think Louisville or Syracuse are going to Orlando. So I'd guess Pitt to Orlando, UConn to Charlotte, Syracuse to New York, Louisville to Birmingham and USF to St. Pete.

(All that assumes Notre Dame loses to USC on the road and West Virginia beats Rutgers at home next week.)

BOB will have the last choice and I think USF will already be selected by then. Of course I make this statement only if we win one more game.

It doesn't work like that. The conference and bowls all work together to decide which teams are good fits in each slot.

I see the Cards in BOB and we are going to Birmingham. Assuming we beat Uconn and ND loses.

Not sure as B. Bennet sees the Cards fan as excited. Their attendance in the last two home games was in the high 30k.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Bowls aside, if WVU wins the conference, they'll be forced to retain their garbage coach (what he has done with the likes of Pat White, Noel Devine and Jock Sanders is underwhelming).

Since Pitt is going to keep their garbage coach, it seems beneficial to USF if WVU wins the conference.

Archived