• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Intermediate routes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Is it just me or do we need to work on routes in the intermediate range. I feel like our recievers go out deep or at the line of scrimmage. We have poor crossing routes or even comebacks. I dont see enough intermediate sideline routes. Even with coaching of past we have always had reciever who did a good job coming back for the ball. It seems we don't have any plays dialed up that give us the most trouble.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Um,

Most of BJ's interceptions have come on these type of routes  ::)

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

This is one of the major problems of not having quality receivers.

On a deep ball, if the receiver can get off the line cleanly it becomes strict athletic ability and speed. 

On the quick passes behind the line all they have to do is catch and run.

On the intermediate routes they have to be able to get off the line, read the defense, understand where they are going, run clean, crisp routes, be in time with the QB, be able to use their body properly and then catch the ball in traffic. There is a little more involved than just pitch and catch. This is the area where not having BCS level receivers is hurting us most.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

BJ needs to work on leading the WO on crossing routes. Many of his passes are behind the WO. It doesn't help that we don't have great WO's it's a timing issue that both sides need to work on.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Most of bjs interceptions have been terrible routes. I think that deems we need work. He usually throws right to the linebacker or on the run to a short route. We have no clue how to sit in the defense and get open. I can agree when they say we don't have these types of wr's.  We should have routes that leave guys open sitting in different pockets of the field. Not every route has to be thrown on the run. This is what we need to work on.

Archived