• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here is my take about an on-campus stadium.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

Since the on-campus stadium talk came up this week, I thought I would put in my two cents about USF's future with an on-campus stadium. Right now, we dont need an on-campus stadium because RJS is still in good shape. USF needs to focus on putting more money into the SUN DOME which they will be doing this Spring. Also, USF needs to get both the baseball and softball stadiums up to date IMO. We have a hell of a softball program that needs to be rewarded with a better facility. Baseball, the field is great, but the stadium is not good. They need to upgrade the baseball stadium with some better seats instead of the bleachers. Move the bleachers and put in chair back seats like Legends Field has. That will increase attendence at the baseball games IMO. No one wants to sit in those hot bleachers. Also, put a nice overhang to shade some of the seats from the sun.

The next thing that USF needs to do is focus on getting an indoor practice facilitiy for the football team. There were too many practices cut short due to the bad lightning storms. USF needs to get all the practice that we can because we will not have it easy in the BIG EAST. Hopefully, the BCS money will help fund a nice indoor football practice field.

After those projects are done, it would then be a good time to start putting together serious plans for an on-campus stadium IMO. We just need to put more money in the other sports first right now.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I know it takes long term planning to get a stadium done, but with 20k attendance, we have no business getting an on-campus stadium.  Additionally, the Tampa market is saturated with concert venues, so I wouldn't expect to see much revenue coming from non-USF events.  We need to do the planning for it, and I wouldn't be surprised if the AD has a 10 year plan floating around with this in it, but we need to generate more support for the program from the community.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

MIKEB,

I agree that we will need more support from fans attending games before we try to build a stadium. Hopefully, the fans will jump on the bandwagon next season if we play good. To be honest, who really knows what kind of bandwagon effect USF will have because we never have been ranked in either football or basketball. Could you imagine how many people will jump on the bandwagon if USF got ranked into the top 25?? Look at how UL did it. They got ranked then alot of fans started jumping on their bandwagon. Now, they are known as a program with good fan support for football (they always had support for hoops). The top 25 rankings did wonders for their support. I just hope, USF can get into that top 25 and stay because everyone loves a winner.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

can't disagree with either fellow

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

Football Stadium: Rather than attendance of +20K, I think we need a  stable season ticket base of +30K before this concept ever gets on the whiteboard.  

Baseball Stadium: I agree...that needs to be upgraded.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I agree too.  Our basball stadium is a joke.  Due to the success of our softball team, I think they deserve something better.  We definately need an indoor football facility.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

INdoor football seems kind of far-fetched since we just finished the facility and other things are lacking as BB2k pointed out.