• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Recruiting Ranking

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If perrilloux were to come, we'd probably be better than that!  

Especially if he made his intent known earlier than signing day... it would open the floodgates ;)

ahh, to dream :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Even getting Carlton Hill again at this time, would help with our recruiting. It would be a sign that he still believes highly in the future of the USF football program, despite our poor season, enough to turn down offers from many Top schools.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I agree, and that might even help nudge on Ryan just a big (probably not enough).  Who wouldn't want to throw passes to a bunch of speedy 6'3-6'5 receivers (green, hill, peyton)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

If my rough and dirty predictions, and some of what I am hearing comes true we'll land 3-4 four star players based on rivals assessment.

As it stands Hill's a go, Gordon wouldn't be shocking, or a few others.  One or two that are committed elsewhere.  

If we land that many four stars, sprinkle in a majority of three star athletes, then by rivals estimates that would put us around 31-36 based on last year's rankings.  We could do much better, or slightly worse.  Land Perrilloux, with the certainty of others, and we jump into the top 30.  Perrilloux is a five star on both boards- only 29 five stars available in rivals.

My prediction is 32.

Just for the record I checked the 31-35 box when I started this thread, but it seemed more likely that we would be 36-40. So, I'll go with #35.

Rivals just reclassified Carlton Hill with 4 stars, so that will help our ranking if we land him.

http://usf.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=26913

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Rivals just reclassified Carlton Hill with 4 stars, so that will help our ranking if we land him.

http://usf.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=26913

they must have thought he was a lock for UM....  

he'll be a two star come signing day if he goes with us

There are a few players who are seriously considering USF who have NOW been given three stars by Rivals: Gary Watts, Garrett White and Tyller Roberts. We have a good chance of landing all three of them, so our ranking may be somewhat better than predicted.

Last year, Ole Miss was #30 in team ranking. They had 24 commits, 11 of which were 3 stars and 3 at 4 stars.

It certainly is conceivable that we could have those type of numbers this year.

Guest S.  Bien

My, my it seems the world of re-classification is taking hold at rivals again.  Watts, and White getting three stars.  Great athletes, with loads of potential but I'd hardly call them three stars now.

Roberts deserves three stars.  Again, the problem with rivals is right now bigger school web-guru's are pumping up the recruits for fans.  A complete disservice to the fans, and players- unreal expectations.

I think USF lands 3-4 four star athletes, and we could land as many as 15 3 star, especially considering guys like Watts, White, and Roberts already have been reclassified.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Personally I think you've also got to watch the Orlando Sentinel Top 100 to get a feel for these things.