• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Recruiting Ranking

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

im kinda worried about this class, just dont get the same "vibe" about this signing period as last year

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

how many 4 and 5 star players did we have looking at us last year?  two 4-star in the juco ranks (hall & searcy) and zero five stars.   This year... Hill, Buckley, Perrilloux, the other creole guy that dropped off, Stewart, Gordon, etc.

I know that stars aren't everything, but that has me much more excited than last year.  Even if we haven't signed many YET!

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

USFbull83

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im kinda worried about this class, just dont get the same "vibe" about this signing period as last year

Well, at this same time last year we only had THREE recruits: Gachette, Julmiste and highly rated JUCO Searcy.

This year we already have 5 HS recruits that are all rated higher than Gachette or Julmiste, plus two Top 10 transfers in Denson and Muy.

I think you'll get the "vibe" back over the next two weeks.

Howie, you did a better job with the inspirational post.  I may just delete mine ;)

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

yeah i guess i really havent been paying that close of attention, it is a big step forward to have one of the Army All American guys committed already.  Hopefully we can see him sporting a USF hat or something during the game.

I think my biggest problem is im not completely sold on Grothe yet and until yesterday Hill seemed a pipe dream and since we are desperate at QB, i will feel uneasy until that position is solidified a little more

Velcro...Well, most people forget we only had 3 recruits at this point last year. They mostly remember the FINAL names.

I see your point as far as not being sold on grothe... i can tell he's a good player, from the film, but i don't see him stepping in immediately... so hence, early on its Julmiste and Denson.  Hopefully one of them seperates themselves coming out of spring.

Hill isn't a pipe dream anymore, as you mentioned, so that helps... now our pipe dream is Ryan Perrilloux.  I'm not getting my hopes up on that... but it would so cool... he'd easily come in and beat out anyone we have and start all 4 years, then Hill could even move to WR, along with Peyton, Johnson, Green... MAN... that is a TALL group of Receivers.

USFbull83...If it makes you feel any better, DENSON was ranked a much better QB than HILL when he graduated from HS. He was a super prep HS all American.

Denson was ranked the 60th best player in the nation in 2003 and 5th best QB overall:

16. Chris Leak QB 6-1, 205 Charlotte, N.C. Florida  

17. Robert Lane QB 6-3, 215 Monroe, La.

32. Michael Bush  QB/SS 6-3, 220 Louisville, Ky.

51. Jamarcus Russell  QB 6-5, 212 Mobile, Ala.

60. Courtney Denson  QB 6-1, 185 Miami

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/recruiting/superprep100.htm

The knock on Denson is that he is nowhere near the 6'1 shown there. He's lucky if he's 6', but Blackwell didn't do too bad for us at 5'11.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

We are currently ranked #61.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp

USF Rivals Team Ranking for previous years

2004 #43

2003 #61

2002 #90

2005 # 33   esp if perrilloux comes