• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trib: USF struggles just part of rebuilding process

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

The article is not accurate. But as a Bulls fan its good that the press is on our side. The article will only help skip bring recruits in and get things back to where they were and hopefully better. Skip may be mending fences... some of which he broke down to begin with (manatee). Also he was a little hasty to dump all Leavits guys to make room for more transfers which may have contributed to the lack of depth. don't even ask me why he gave joel Miller a scholarship...cmon skip we only have 85. Skip despite what the article says hasn't really done well recruiting. We have 14 commits and only one WR commit Alex Mut who is unrated  by rivals so far. Also we were the only school to offer Mut at the time he accepted. If you look at the kids we are bringing in... we are beating out programs like FIU and FAU to get these guys seems like a step backwards to me. Also the only other receiver we have so far is a TE who is also unrated and we beat out georgia southern for his services. We lose love and Bogan this year. Kelly and Gidry are graduating....where are the stud recruits to replace them? This isn't CUSA skip needs to bring in talent and whatever the media wants to say the fact is he s not brining any talent in. All the good players we have with the exception of T-rex were all brought in by Jim Leavitt. He needs to deliver wins and recruits. I believe he can but so far he's done neither. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

Yes, this team is rebuilding.

Football is a head / heart game, as much as it is a talent game.

The team went through a very messy divorce, and now these teenage kids all have a new step-daddy. They're numb. As Trip mentioned in another thread - they look like zombies.

Obviously I'm not in the locker room or on the practice field, but it appears from here that they need to rebuild the passion more than the talent.

Not saying anybody wants to lose games, but they don't look like they WANT to win.

Say what you will, CJL lit that fire in their bellies.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Yes, this team is rebuilding.

I've still got some issues with "re" ...

Football is a head / heart game, as much as it is a talent game.

The team went through a very messy divorce, and now these teenage kids all have a new step-daddy. They're numb. As Trip mentioned in another thread - they look like zombies.

Obviously I'm not in the locker room or on the practice field, but it appears from here that they need to rebuild the passion more than the talent.

Not saying anybody wants to lose games, but they don't look like they WANT to win.

Say what you will, CJL lit that fire in their bellies.

Every coach is different in the way they go about doing things. Skip's way obviously worked at the lower level, but the fact he was able to knock off his share of BCS teams shows  he shouldn't have a problem carrying things over here .... Of course, I'll feel a little more comfortable when he beats a BCS team with us.  ;)

Archived