• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ just called out on FSU game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Deldabull hit the nail on the head!  WR is equally if not more responsible for that first pick.  That same receiver also couldn't catch the ball that hit him in the hands for the second pick.  The third pick happened well after the game was over...

After that second pick, the camera caught Skip throwing BJ under the bus with him yelling "What were you thinking?" Gee I dunno Skippy, that maybe a WR would catch a ball that hit him in the hands???

The real question is "what is Skip thinking" with this system, mismanagement of talent, horrible playcalling and questionable coaching practices.  I sure hope the boys appreciate those popsicles that skip was handing out last summer...  they're really paying dividends now.

That would have been a miraculous catch. The defender was in front of Landi, got a hand on it, and Landi had to jump and fully stretch to get his hands on it. I mean, I guess, at best, you can say that BJ put it in the only spot where Landi would have a chance, because, any lower, and the defender in front of him would have had the easy pick.

You're kidding right? Blaming that on Landi? It's not like he hit him in the chest with the ball...in fact, he couldn't because there was a defender precisely between BJ and Landi's chest.

Wow. Funny how Grothe would hit Cedric Hill in the chest and it would be tipped and picked and no one would stand up for Grothe, just talk about how many picks he threw.

BJ has no touch either, that ball was a bullet. The last pick, may have been the right throw, but, it is one that you need to drop in over the LB, not throw through him.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

bj daniels post game on that was just unbelievable to, i mean USF should just stop letting him talk to the media.  Something dumb like "yeah, well coach told me to play it safe, they always say that.  But he also wanted to get a score."  Yes BJ, we wanted to get a score, just like we did the entire half.  But you have to have a little bit of situational awareness to understand that is a risk that isn't remotely worth taking.  Or, at the very least, I would hope the ability to with the clarity of hindsight recognize it was a major mistake (not just physical mistake in throwing to a covered receiver, but mental mistake in not just tossing that ball away)!

Receiver WAITED for the ball as defender ran 5 yards and cut in front of him. If WR makes a play on ball at worst it is incomplete at best it is pass interference. I can't blame that particular INT on BJ. The last one though was atrocious. Not a Bulls jersey in sight

The throw was late and behind the receiver. If BJ throws it on time or leads him its a catch. You can blame BJ, it was a bad throw.

Physics lesson. Can't lead or throw behind a non moving target. WR was standing while BJ (aka pure suckage) was scrambling. BJ throws a pretty on target pass as WR continues to stand and wait for the ball. Defender breaks for the ball. Interception.  Game over.

Where I'm from the wideouts job is to make the qb look good and go get the ball. Reason Manning, Montana, Marino, etc. look so much better is on the bad and average passes their wideouts helped them out.

Another example is against Cuse. Sometimes offensive pass interference is not a bad thing (cough Dontavia cough). Go get the ball. You can "play" defender too. A little swim move never hurt nobody.

Our offense is really offensive :(

Huh? 

Receiver was running an out and was open (key word was)... BJ threw late and behind

Watch this and tell me again he was sitting still, :24 second mark

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5686728

Couldn't see the route here, but the play was breaking down anyway...tough to put blame on the WR at that point.  And there's just no getting away from the fact that situationally even throwing it there was a bad decision anyway.

Archived