• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No More Excuses For Bad Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It doesn't matter if it is the system or BJ. Its up to these coaches to figure it out now and salvage the season.

The 2005 and 2006 teams had a lot less to work with and still found a way to be productive enough to get into bowl games.

In 2005 we had a bunch of freshman receivers, a bad QB, an undersized OL with a ton of injuries. To the point where we were using 4th string centers as TEs and transfer DBs as QBs to start the year. The coaching staff found a way to win enough to get to a bowl game.

2006 we started the season in worse shape. Because of suspensions we started the season with the leading returning RBs with a grand total of zero career carries. The one guy we expected to start as a freshman blows his knee out on the 3rd play of the year. A freshman QB and a very young receiving corp. a lot of the guys on those teams were recruited as 1AA players so the talent the coaching staff had to work with was no where near as what this group has to work with.

Time for coaches to figure it out and make it work now. They can still begin to implement elements of their system. Plus, I guarantee the extra month of work afforded the bowl bound teams is more important to developing next year's team than stepping backwards during the year.

Just find a way coaches.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Great, another thread about the same thing that has been discussed ad nauseum for the last 2 weeks.  :puke

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

KFC has the best fried chicken livers.  Anyone else had those before? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Ok. Let's talk about the color of our helmets

It is fine that you want to talk about it.  Just didn't see the need for a separate thread when discussions are ongoing on other threads.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Ok. Let's talk about the color of our helmets

It is fine that you want to talk about it.  Just didn't see the need for a separate thread when discussions are ongoing on other threads.

You should make your way over to the defense appreciation thread its like a oasis in the middle of a desert of offense/BJ Daniels threads. 

Archived