• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kudos to TSA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

This is why I'd love an OCS. Nix selling beer til the end of the 3rd quarter - it's just promoting people to keep getting drunker and drunker THROUGHOUT the game, and situations like these are fairly common, especially after halftime.

I am not trying to pick on you, but have to make a comment on this.  This kind of thinking does not make sense to me.  They have the TSA and Cops there to enforce rules.  There are rules and laws against drunk and disorderly, and they will take people in if they are out of line.  But if we had supposedly 30k - 40k there this weekend, and had only a couple of drunk outbursts or arrests, that is a pretty small percentage.  There are probably more arrests at a jazz concert in downtown st pete then there are here at a USF game, and we probably have 4x as many people attending. 

And if you ban alcohol, then people just sneak it in, or get tanked before the game begins, skip part of the first quarter, and come into the game staggering drunk.  That doesn't work either.  When I went to use the bathroom at UF, it was filled with empty mini's (alcohol) where people had snuck in the little airline sized bottles.  At the FAU game, a guy and a girl sat in front of us with a ziplock bag filled with mini's.  Probably had 20 bottles between the two of them.

But lets face it.  MOST people in the stands can go to a game, drink, get a buzz, and still act civil. 

Banning something that is already governed by rules/laws, and is being managed currently, is just a dumb idea.  That is like stopping people from driving because a few people drive too fast....  Very weak logic.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Regardless, the sale of alcohol needs to stop at halftime then, not 15 minutes before the game ends. The problem people are the ones coming back to their seats at the end of the 3rd quarter with half a dozen beers.

And yes, small percentage, but when they always seem to find their way around me, it's annoying. Also, that small percentage is the same SMALL percentage that actually sneak the mini stuff into OCS stadiums. Every OCS stadium I've been to has had a much more overall civil atmosphere, and I've been an opposing team's fan each time.

It may just be that USF has a pretty crappy fanbase at times, drunk or not.

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

The Tazer story isn't going away. Just saw on local ABC, it was a Cuse fan from Jacksonville (Flagler College student that is somehow a Syracuse fan), already has an attorney and is asking the Governor for an investigation.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Probably another ******* cop who has to taze a kid to feel like a man.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Regardless, the sale of alcohol needs to stop at halftime then, not 15 minutes before the game ends. The problem people are the ones coming back to their seats at the end of the 3rd quarter with half a dozen beers.

And yes, small percentage, but when they always seem to find their way around me, it's annoying. Also, that small percentage is the same SMALL percentage that actually sneak the mini stuff into OCS stadiums. Every OCS stadium I've been to has had a much more overall civil atmosphere, and I've been an opposing team's fan each time.

You cannot legislate "crappy", sorry about that....

And I showed up at game time.  Stone sober.  I had a beer a quarter for three quarters before the vendor said last call.  Hardly drunk.  Hardly buzzed.  See, someone can go to a game, drink, and not get drunk.

If all of the cops in the stadium were busy the entire game dealing with drunks, then I would agree with you.  But that isn't the case.  It is a handful of idiots each game.   And the TSA and Cops are there to deal with them.  Those people will be removed from the game, might get locked up, may get fined, could even get arrested.  And if they keep it up, they will be banned from the stadium with serious consequences if they return.  So there is an avenue to fix the issue for those who abuse it.

But to stop selling it or to stop at half, just creates a bigger problem.  For example, if you stop at half time, then people will just buy twice as much beer before half time so they are all ready for the third quarter and can make it throught the 4th.  

Your plan only punishes the many in favor of the few who abuse things.  It is like the gun debates on the "mad cow" whcih say that all guns should be removed from law abiding citizens because criminals use guns.  Then only the criminals would have guns.  Similar failed logic.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

well sorry, i guess i'm illogical.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

You cannot legislate "crappy", sorry about that....

And I showed up at game time.  Stone sober.  I had a beer a quarter for three quarters before the vendor said last call.  Hardly drunk.  Hardly buzzed.  See, someone can go to a game, drink, and not get drunk.

If all of the cops in the stadium were busy the entire game dealing with drunks, then I would agree with you.  But that isn't the case.  It is a handful of idiots each game.   And the TSA and Cops are there to deal with them.  Those people will be removed from the game, might get locked up, may get fined, could even get arrested.  And if they keep it up, they will be banned from the stadium with serious consequences if they return.  So there is an avenue to fix the issue for those who abuse it.

But to stop selling it or to stop at half, just creates a bigger problem.  For example, if you stop at half time, then people will just buy twice as much beer before half time so they are all ready for the third quarter and can make it throught the 4th.  

Your plan only punishes the many in favor of the few who abuse things.  It is like the gun debates on the "mad cow" whcih say that all guns should be removed from law abiding citizens because criminals use guns.  Then only the criminals would have guns.  Similar failed logic.

I disagree... I've had less issues and much better fan experiences at UF, FAU, FIU and ... god I can't believe I'm saying this... UCF than at RJS... the constant alcohol consumption is an issue... and it's directly tied to the sale of beer in the stadium. I'm not a drinker so when I refer to fan experience I'm talking about not having to deal with overly drunk individuals.

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  0

I have sat in 134 since we moved over to Ray Jay.  We have a great section drinkers and non drinkers getting along fine.  Also nobody has ever told me to sit down.  134 is the place to be I guess............ :)

Archived