• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bad News For Men's Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

From gousfbulls.com

Prekevicius Out 3-4 Weeks

TAMPA, Fla. (Monday, January 3) – Sophomore guard Marius Prekevicius will be out for 3-4 weeks with a minscus tear in his left knee.

The native of Garzdai, Lithuania, has played in 11 games (starting five) for the Bulls this season, averaging 6.7 points per game. Prekevicius is shooting 44 percent from the field (26-of-59) through the first two months of the 2004-05 season. He recorded a career-high 17 points on 6-of-7 shooting from the field, including 4-of-5 from behind the 3-point arch versus FIU on Dec. 20. Prekevicius tallied a career-high eight assists versus Stetson on Nov. 26.

This is definetly not good news, however it now means that both Collin Dennis and James Holmes must step it up and play big minutes at the shooting guard position and stay out of foul trouble...Capko will also have to step up as the only other Bull who can play the point behind Swifty.  We just need to survive these 3 to 4 weeks the best we can.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Son of a B*$%#! Just when it seems we have found another contributor he gets hurt. Man, would it ever be so nice if we could go 2 weeks without losing a player from this team for one reason or another. Has someone placed a hex on the Basketbulls? Get better soon Prekevicius.

Guest BasketBull.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm laughing because there's no other response left.

----tear up that dome floor! There are bones down there!

( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  )

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I think it affects both positions but more SG bc now James or Collin must step up and start consistently...At least with SF we have Marlyn playing 25 minutes a game.....It most definetly affects our depth....Another option is to possibly move Terrence over to the SF position and start both Saul and Brandon in the post and move Marlyn to the SG position....You never know what Coach Mac might do

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

depth is my concern... for close games... but i think we'll survive this.  Holmes is capable and has to step up his game.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

sounds like a practice injury as he wasn't hurt in the last game, that i noticed.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

How did it happen??

The curse of the Sun Dome floor.