• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where was the Cannon-box thingy last night?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

It was in the south west corner.  We saw the flashes

The boombox makes flashes???

Indeed it does. It has two square "barrels" that the flash/noise come from...

It seems like everyone on the southside of the stadium doesn't piss and moan as much and the folks in the northside did last week....shocker!

Guest Sunburned

Still hate it.

Great that its not drowning out anything now, and that my eardrums won't bleed.

However, its now just a random boom, not even coming from the cannons.

If we want booms and cannons, either get fireworks or get the ROTC a real cannon. This fake noise is bush league.

Well, so far we had had nothing but bush league games, so the fake noise is fitting.

The last time they tried "real" fire works, it turned out poorly.

A cannon would probably cost about $25,000.  Send in your donation!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

There are some whiny little bitches in our fanbase huh? (oops, name calling like that got Mangino fired). ITS DIVISION I FOOTBALL, ITS THE BIG EAST, it's supposed to be loud and fun.

Who remembers the "cannon" sounds in the sundome after a big dunk or something (probably 1999-2000 ish). Now, in the dome, it was loud, and startling. I still liked it, but it certainly got your attention.

If you're whining about it being too much like the bucs with the cannons, just remember that USF was doing this for hoops back in the day. I am sure people complained there too and that is why it stopped.

I like them, thought they were in a good location last night.

Guest Sunburned

Still hate it.

Great that its not drowning out anything now, and that my eardrums won't bleed.

However, its now just a random boom, not even coming from the cannons.

If we want booms and cannons, either get fireworks or get the ROTC a real cannon. This fake noise is bush league.

Here the answer to  your wish.  It's different, and it's perfect because USF Has a Navy ROTC program,  so all you gotta do is arrange to pick it up and donate it to USF.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-3-X-50-Cal-Naval-Gun-Cannon-Demilled-/270642555759?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f038dab6f

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I too don't care for it but it was less stupid on Saturday since it was only once per score.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, let's get real cannon for on the field then we can look as stupid as Rutgers, who are the Scarlet Knights, but he is backed up by a regiment of minute men......WTF?

Stick with the flash bang machine, it was in the SW corner, I am there, it is fine. 

Archived