• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Network Estimated Payouts

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

The BE network would work and generate a lot of revenue.  Using just the Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater MSA e are looking at 3 million people, and about 1.2 million households.  Assuming 75% have cable and the monthly subscriber fee is only $0.25.  The Tampa area would generate $2.7 million a year. (Note, this population does not include Sarastoa/Bradenton, Lakeland/Plant City).  I f consider the northern fans that live in Florida from the NE the potential draw of the BE network in Florida can exceed $10 million a year.

At $0.25 per month the cable networks probably wouldn't even argue with the BE network, especially if the local cable company has designated advertsing time (for their own coffers).  Most of the arguments between the NFL network and cable has been the monthly fee (cable thinks it is too high, but would not have argued with the NFL at $0.75, the amount they were willing to pay).

The entire deal will pivot on how much the BE is going to charge.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

who is versus associated with?

They are owned by Comcast cable I believe....small potatoes. Obviously they have their deal with the MWC and I believe they also have a minimal deal with the Pac-10.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Hey if we can get $15 million a year from the BE.....does that mean we can seriously start talking about an OCS again?

:clubs

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

They are owned by Comcast cable I believe....small potatoes. Obviously they have their deal with the MWC and I believe they also have a minimal deal with the Pac-10.

okay, wasn't sure. Just know I hardly ever watch, but they do have decent games every once in a while.

okay, wasn't sure. Just know I hardly ever watch, but they do have decent games every once in a while.

Here is the college football info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_on_Versus

They also have the UFL...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versus_%28TV_channel%29

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Basketball would add quite a bit to the network. So many games gices the network easy programming

Archived