• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is Big Game Hunting at the QB position...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

P.S. USFreak, I know I quoted you, but I want you to know this was not directed at you, it is just a general statement.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

As bull nation grows, more and more fan sites will pop up, many will have message boards, many will not... the few strong boards will survive.   Not many schools only have one message board site, and that is a credit to the fan base.  I don't see these sites ever merging... i don't see why they couldn't work together sometimes, but merging... just don't see it.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

I am starting to wonder about the validity of some of these articles, are they true or are they just advertisements on here to get us to sign up for another site?  This is like the 3rd or 4th time a thread has been started or a question has been raised in a thread and we were instructed that if we wanted to find out more visit yada yada yada.com and pay $9.95.  I don't remember this in years past, this was always a site you could come to find out what the newest recruiting info was not a place to be directed to a pay site that is holding the info hostage.  

Looking above I just think they are citing the source.  Scout, Rivals, ESPNinsider, Trib, etc....the link is just provided if you want to read more.  I guess I'm curious as to the expectations.  Do you just want whole thing copied and pasted?  :)

I can tell you the articles are surely valid.  Nobody made up the information about Perrilloux.  The chances he signs with USF are obviously slim, but he'll visit (if you go to his player profile on our site you'll see it is midweek on the 16th), but yes obviously I'll say the article is worthwhile (although maybe I'm biased :-))

I agree with you that this site should not be some advertising site for any other site, but if the information comes off another site (free or pay) I think it is responsible to at least cite where it came from and provide a link.  The Perrilloux piece obviously originated on Rivals.  I'm not sure how else the information would be refererenced as, to my knowledge, it was something that broke there.

In regards to Velcro's comments ("i don't see why they couldn't work together sometimes but merging... just don't see it. ").  Yes, you are probably right, but that doesn't mean we won't keep trying - on both fronts.

Also, let's just let sleeping dogs lie here and not drag the pay vs. free topic out any more.  We obviously have free message boards over there and may add one or two here shortly, but I certainly don't want to start anything over here.  I know Brad at one point said I never posted over here and I've been over here posting when I can lately.  Obviously when I see something I've written referenced I comment on that (as I normally have specific knowledge) and I LOVE arguing with GarySJ about the schedule (a 4-year argument now - Note:  He wins now that USF plays 5-game home schedule next year).  I guess I'm hoping to bridge whatever gap there is between two sites because while I think there is a lot of duplication of effort I also respect what Brad is doing because I did it for so long.  Part of the reason usfbulls.com died was because honestly I got sick of so much money going out of my pocket.  I loved the message board aspect at the time (as it was really the core of it).  

Anyhow, hopefully we can move the conversation back to Perrilloux.  We're in the process of calling him now to get more info on how USF came into the picture (if Brett or Greg don't beat us to it. :-))

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Thanks for the info.  I'd like to know how USF came into the picture and what our realistic chances are at landing Perrilloux.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I can tell you the articles are surely valid.  Nobody made up the information about Perrilloux.  The chances he signs with USF are obviously slim, but he'll visit (if you go to his player profile on our site you'll see it is midweek on the 16th), but yes obviously I'll say the article is worthwhile (although maybe I'm biased :-))

Freak...FYI, I don't think non-subscrbers on Rivals can access the visit info, but thanks for the heads up. Insiders does give that info out for free to everybody.

INTEREST    OFFER    VISIT    CAMP  

Only Ultimate Ticket Members

can access college choices information.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

Thanks for the info.  I'd like to know how USF came into the picture and what our realistic chances are at landing Perrilloux.

My personal feeling is this is a courtesy visit to Dawsey to give USF a little more cred and that Perrilloux will stick w/ Texas.   Still, the press won't hurt the Bulls one bit.

We'll call him and find out, but I'm sure Brett and Greg are dialing right now.   8 to 5 gig for those fellas.

From CBS article dated 12/21:

Longhorns report: Strategy and personnel  Dec. 21, 2004

ROSTER REPORT

Ryan Perrilloux, a high school quarterback considered to be among the nation's top prospects, says he remains committed to Texas, though he still plans visits to Florida State on Jan. 21 and LSU on Jan. 28. Perrilloux is from Reserve, La. ...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/teams/report/TX/8021637

My personal feeling is this is a courtesy visit to Dawsey to give USF a little more cred and that Perrilloux will stick w/ Texas.   Still, the press won't hurt the Bulls one bit.

We'll call him and find out, but I'm sure Brett and Greg are dialing right now.   8 to 5 gig for those fellas.

I wonder if Ronnie Banks is somehow involved with him, since he too is from Louisiana (New Orleans, La./Lawless HS).

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/Athlete.asp?s=Football&i=26

Baton Rouge NIKE Training Camp  

Baton Rouge, LA

May 2, 2004  

Ryan Perrilloux  

Quarterback

East St. John

Reserve, LA

HS Class of 2005

Baton Rouge NIKE Training Camp: The sixth stop of the NIKE Training Camp landed in Baton Rouge, La., at Louisiana State University. Around 200 of the Southeast’s best – including most of the top prospects in Mississippi and Louisiana – prospects tested and showcased their talents in the one-on-one competition.

Scouting Notes: There wasn’t a pass that Ryan Perrilloux couldn’t complete. He displayed incredible arm strength, along with the uncanny ability to put touch on the ball and get it in the right spots. Combined with athletic receivers, Perrilloux torched the defensive backs at the camps with throw after throw. He was especially deadly on the out routes and on the stop and go passes deep into the end zone.

http://tnfmedia.rivals.com/cpevent.asp?Key=2414

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I am starting to wonder about the validity of some of these articles, are they true or are they just advertisements on here to get us to sign up for another site?  This is like the 3rd or 4th time a thread has been started or a question has been raised in a thread and we were instructed that if we wanted to find out more visit yada yada yada.com and pay $9.95.  I don't remember this in years past, this was always a site you could come to find out what the newest recruiting info was not a place to be directed to a pay site that is holding the info hostage.  

I wish some of you guys would not get so bent out of shape at premium content. I just posted the information, b/c it was hot off the press news....big news...if you ask me. The name alone was big news. However, if you want more information you can google around the internet to find out more about the guy or let somebody else do your homework and pay rivals.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Ryan Perrilloux was named Mr. Football for Louisianna.