• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance Speculation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

And with as many alumni as we have in the Tampa Bay region there is no reason all of those donor seats should be empty on game day, it goes both ways. The fan base is getting there. Slowly but surely, but we're getting there. I've said it before but each graduating class from USF is more school spirited than the last. Can you believe the people that are scheduled to graduate in Spring 2011 were only Freshman when we beat Auburn and WVU back in '07?

Then,  why hasn't the number of season tickets sold risen steadly in proportion to those more spirited graduates? 

Not sure. New employees? Not enough money yet? Who knows. But I don't know how you could really argue with me that the graduates in 2010 have more passion for USF athletics than the average graduate from 1985. I know there are exceptions and many are on this board, but everyone that enters USF now is aware of the football program.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 1990 I can imagine that many came here as fans of FSU, UF, etc. I know there are some on this board with that type of situation. Nothing wrong with that given the time period.

I am saying that now, pretty much every freshman that enters the University of South Florida is a BULL. Yes, there are some kids with allegiances to other teams, but for the most part this school is finally a school where you walk around and see GREEN shirts around campus, not Blue or Garnet, or Orange. Like I said, there are obviously some cases of this still but normally those people are harassed lol. During WOW my freshman year last year, a kid walked up on stage during one of the events with a Gator hat on. Almost every kid in the auditorium booed his *** off the stage until he took the hat off. I'm just taking a guess, so maybe I am wrong, but 20 years ago most people would have probably just been indifferent to the situation. Kids here are **** proud of their school and just because they don't show it by driving 20 minutes to watch us play Western Kentucky on a Saturday night doesn't mean its not true.

Guest Sunburned

And with as many alumni as we have in the Tampa Bay region there is no reason all of those donor seats should be empty on game day, it goes both ways. The fan base is getting there. Slowly but surely, but we're getting there. I've said it before but each graduating class from USF is more school spirited than the last. Can you believe the people that are scheduled to graduate in Spring 2011 were only Freshman when we beat Auburn and WVU back in '07?

Then,  why hasn't the number of season tickets sold risen steadly in proportion to those more spirited graduates? 

Not sure. New employees? Not enough money yet? Who knows. But I don't know how you could really argue with me that the graduates in 2010 have more passion for USF athletics than the average graduate from 1985. I know there are exceptions and many are on this board, but everyone that enters USF now is aware of the football program.

And, most really don't give a hoot about it, because if they did, 12,501 students would be at every home game.  Student tickets would be hard to come by for every game. 

Are the $99 New Graduate Season Tickets sold out??

And that's why I said they all aren't die hards...

Lovin that SPF 50 sunBLOCK

Guest Sunburned

And that's why I said they all aren't die hards...

Being proud of your school, and knowing a football team exists doesn't translate into attending games on a regular basis.  If they don't show up at the games while they're students and the tickets are free, then there's little to no chance they are ever going to become season ticket holders and donors. 

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

New grad- didn't buy tickets the first year after graduation...but bought 3 this year...I drive 4 hours each home game (6 up to Gville)...while we may not have the largest fan base, it's certainly becoming more devoted.

• Content Count:  728

I sure as hell am devoted to this team/school and I haven't even attended yet!

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

USF's season ticket count by season:

2008 - 27,879

2009 - 24,185

2010 - 23,494 

fair weather fans and economy.

Archived