• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG Mike Taylor: Bad News

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Mike Rice and Rutgers has done it again as they land Mike Taylor who Heath had been hard after since last summer.

I said before Rutgers will no longer be a doormat in the BE and neither will SJU. Rice and Lavin have put together tremendous recruiting classes for 2011. USF had been beating Rutgers to pick up a couple of BE wins. After this season it may be Rutgers beating USF to pick up a couple of wins if we don't start landing some real talent. We need Larkin and much more.

With Taylor off the board I don't know where USF can go for a SG now. Maybe Phil Greene who left Chicago and is playing at IMG this season. Heath has offered a scholarship but Greene hasn't really mentioned USF up to this point. Hopefully spending some time in Florida will cause Green to like the area and USF can get in with him better. I like this guy alot and he could make up the lost of Mike Taylor.

Mike said while USF looked good he didn't want to come here because of the travel(wanted family to see him play) and we haven't been making any noise.

Now the travel I understand but not making any noise??? Rutgers has been worse then USF the last 2 seasons so I just don't understand that statement. Well one thing is for sure when he hits the floor against USF I'm sure the Bulls will have a little extra motivation.

• Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

i think he meant we werent making as much noise recruiting wise because right after that he talked about myles mack and i think kadeem jack.  which is true we arent getting the top caliber players that the other normal bottom dwellers of the big east are now getting. it just sucks so bad that even if those teams up in the northeast suck year in and year out i.e. rutgers, st. johns they still get high quality players because all the good players in the tri-state area want to stay home.  It leaves us fighting over leftovers and jucos which will never help us grow.  our only hope this year is that we can pull shane larkin and a top quality big.

BTW i was sitting in the student section at the game saturday and saw andre jackson and a smaller guy who looked like shane larkin on the field before the game.  they were following around burwell, toarlyn, coach cox, and coach hipsher.  hope they were able to bond well and left with a really good impression.

i think he meant we werent making as much noise recruiting wise because right after that he talked about myles mack and i think kadeem jack.  which is true we arent getting the top caliber players that the other normal bottom dwellers of the big east are now getting. it just ***** so bad that even if those teams up in the northeast suck year in and year out i.e. rutgers, st. johns they still get high quality players because all the good players in the tri-state area want to stay home.  It leaves us fighting over leftovers and jucos which will never help us grow.  our only hope this year is that we can pull shane larkin and a top quality big.

BTW i was sitting in the student section at the game saturday and saw andre jackson and a smaller guy who looked like shane larkin on the field before the game.  they were following around burwell, toarlyn, coach cox, and coach hipsher.  hope they were able to bond well and left with a really good impression.

My gut tells me we get Larkin. I know our recruiting ability sucks but I'm just going on feelings a long.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

There's plenty of talent in Florida, Heath shouldn't have to gamble on big names from NYC when there is good talent locally.

There's plenty of talent in Florida, Heath shouldn't have to gamble on big names from NYC when there is good talent locally.

+1

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Florida might have talent, but they don't see the same level of compitition day in and day out when it comes to basketball. Therefore a coach would need to put in more refinement work.

Since football is the primary Florida sport more time, effort, and better athletes is spent on football. Basketball is a secondary sport :(

Up north basketball is THE sport.

Difference between a northern baller and a FL baller is TESTING.

Florida might have talent, but they don't see the same level of compitition day in and day out when it comes to basketball. Therefore a coach would need to put in more refinement work.

Since football is the primary Florida sport more time, effort, and better athletes is spent on football. Basketball is a secondary sport :(

Up north basketball is THE sport.

Difference between a northern baller and a FL baller is TESTING.

The last two years the state has produced very good talent. Next year's class is looking promising too. Unfortunately Heath is already off to a bad start for the 2012 class.

During the summer AAU events teams from Florida have been among the best where they compete against the northern kids as well as kids from every other region.

McKnight was rated the #1 player in the nation for the 2010 class and Rivers is rated #1 in the 2011 class by some recruiting sites.

Archived