• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Video showing the prolific Florida Gators

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I guess the same could be said for us.  If you put our first quarter and half of our second quarter plays on there, you would see a ton of penalties, mistakes, etc. 

I was out of town, but taped the USF/SB game.  I knew the outcome, whew, but watched the entire game on Monday.   The first quarter, I was like, well I guess we are the same ole undisciplined bulls.  It was sad to watch.  Then we finally got our stuff together and played like a team.  And the second half, it was clear Holtz got these kids on board.   

We need to play the game like our second half.  Scary part is we started with our starters.  Second half was second string, and then some third stringers into the 4th.  I guess that is good for getting depth ready.  Not sure what that says about our starters, especially on Special Teams.  I suspect he worked a lot with the ST players the past few days.

I also hope they are emphasizing a "clean" game.  No turnovers.  No Penalties. 

don't know if you saw it, but coach said we played everybody that dressed except for 2 and that was a mistake on the coaches part.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, it was pretty abysmal. But don't expect as many careless mistakes this weekend.

The other two show the defensive plays ... and the others that weren't careless mistakes.

I think we can beat 'em. However, just keep in mind, they played like absolute crap and still won by 3 touchdowns. We have to play our best game.

I disagree.

1) Their defense never played like crap.  Quite the opposite. Their defense played OUTSTANDING.

2) Their offense made mistakes for three quarters.  The fourth quarter the offense was playing as expected.

USF has to play very well, but I don't think it has to be the best game.  Their offense, even without Pouncey bowling for dollars, is not a "score at will" offense... even with some talented players coming back, the re-structured OL will take some time to gel, so it will take them time to warm up.

Truthfully, I would load the box and play some Cover 2 style - stop the run and keep the passes short... the Tampa Bay "bend but don't break" defense.

I disagree.

The amazing UF defense gave up over 200 yds passing and over 100 yds to one receiver. And that is knowing that Miami could not run due to first string RB ejected early in 2nd qtr and their 2nd string not even dressing due to injury. Gator's tallest CB Moses Jenkins (6'2") is now out for 6 weeks with hyperextended elbow. This resulted because the game was still close at start of 4th qtr (21-12) and their #1 defense had to play the entire game. We pulled all of our starters by mid-3rd qtr.

Archived