• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running Backs

Who's your RB of choice?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I found it odd that Bradley Battles got so few carries.  He didn't set the world on fire on his first few opportunities, but was surprised that he didn't play much in the first half after that.

Holtz was planning to rotate, but when Murray did well - they stuck with him.  Battles didn't do well, so he didn't get to play as much.  To be sure, if Battles was gaining lots of yards, he would have had more carries.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Never been a fan of the "by-committee" idea. Pick a guy, give him the rock. Sub someone else in when he needs a breather.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Battles was disappointed. HOWEVER, he was not given much of an opportunity. I don't think the runs he got put him in a very good position to do well.

Murray looked good both running and passing, he was impressive overall.

Plancher looked just like he did last year. I still think he's valuable as part of 2 back sets but he should not be a primary carrier out of the backfield. He was TFL a couple of times against a lousy opponent at least one time up the gut and one time going east/west.

Finally Shaw looked pretty impressive. It's hard to say if it's the competition and/or the time he finally got in though. However, he had possibly the most explosion and juke of all the backs out there.

Overall, Murray looked the best out there, he showed power and an unexpected amount of shiftyness out there as well.

Keep the rock in Murray, Battles, and Planchers' hands against UF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

I found it odd that Bradley Battles got so few carries.  He didn't set the world on fire on his first few opportunities, but was surprised that he didn't play much in the first half after that.

Holtz was planning to rotate, but when Murray did well - they stuck with him.  Battles didn't do well, so he didn't get to play as much.  To be sure, if Battles was gaining lots of yards, he would have had more carries.

I understand that.  But if you thought enough of the guy to be your starter, I would think that you would give him some more touches to let him get going against a team like SB and build up some confidence.  Just found it odd.

Archived