• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Portable TV

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

We no longer have satellite, so that being said what is needed to get local channels?  Those receivers that Baynews9 was counting down for the elderly last year?  Is that all I will need?

I would edit the above but can't

I found an antenna for like $4 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/INDOOR-UHF-VHF-DIGITAL-COMPATIBLE-RABBIT-EAR-TV-ANTENNA_W0QQitemZ260486330647QQcategoryZ149956QQcmdZViewItem

it says indoor, I assume it would work outdoors but say indoor because it wont last in bad weather?  Will this get me tv at my tailgates?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I would edit the above but can't

I found an antenna for like $4 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/INDOOR-UHF-VHF-DIGITAL-COMPATIBLE-RABBIT-EAR-TV-ANTENNA_W0QQitemZ260486330647QQcategoryZ149956QQcmdZViewItem

it says indoor, I assume it would work outdoors but say indoor because it wont last in bad weather?  Will this get me tv at my tailgates?

You'll need a digital converter box as well...

• Content Count:  149

As long as you have a digital tv (lcd/plasma/led) you wont need a converter box. I use a 22" samsung LCD with a $10 walmart VHF/UHF anttena (it's not digital, I think it's like 5 years old) and it works perfect. Picks up local channels in HD and looks great.

Here's a FCC link:

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/dtvantennas.html

"You do not need to purchase a "DTV antenna" or an “HDTV antenna†to receive DTV or HDTV signals; however, your antenna must be able to receive both VHF and UHF signals as indicated above."

I think I am going to bring my laptop with desktop screed to use

• Content Count:  117

Slingplayer is well worth it! If you have a smartphone (iPhone/iPad3g blackberry android) just buy the video out cables for you phone and plug it into a tv.  Have all of your cable at your finger tips.  Or if you have laptop with an aircard that works too. The next best thing to paying for satellite tv out in the parking lots... 

• Content Count:  2,478

Slingplayer is well worth it! If you have a smartphone (iPhone/iPad3g blackberry android) just buy the video out cables for you phone and plug it into a tv.  Have all of your cable at your finger tips.  Or if you have laptop with an aircard that works too. The next best thing to paying for satellite tv out in the parking lots... 

Hell the Droid X has an hdmi out on it as well as the sling player app for.android

• Content Count:  1,400

hey bullmedic do you have the droidx how does it work i saw a commercial where you can make your own hotspot? does that feature cost extra do they charge you for time used?

• Content Count:  2,478

hey bullmedic do you have the droidx how does it work i saw a commercial where you can make your own hotspot? does that feature cost extra do they charge you for time used?

No, i have the droid.incredible, which I think is better. The hotspot feauture is not free. I believe it is twenty dollars.a month. However, you can use an app called pdanet to use the phone for a.modem for your laptop. Or you can root the phone, which is kind of.hacking it. And that will allow you to use that feature for free.

• Content Count:  2,277

Hell the Droid X has an hdmi out on it as well as the sling player app for.android

You'd probably be better off using a laptop with a phone tethered than the setup you mention above.  I highly doubt the picture quality would be any good outputting the sling app from your phone.

Another option to a sling box is using a TV tuner card in your computer and a program called Orb.  I've been using that for a couple years now and it works great.

Archived