• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wayne Lyons- You Have to love a scholar Athete

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This young man deserves serious attention. We have made his final 14 from a list of the most prestigious universities in America. He will be Class Valedictorian and received scholarship offers from Harvard, Duke and Stanford as well as 46 others.

He has a really nice website created for his recruiting, check it here at:

http://waynelyons21.blogspot.com/

If you see this Wayne, congratulations on your success. I am sure you have worked very hard to accomplish what you have. You would be a credit to USF or any institution that you choose to attend. Godspeed.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Wayne may be moving on. It appears by the article that he may have a shorter list than the 14 mentioned previously.

Dillard standout Wayne Lyons visiting Notre Dame this weekend for Michigan game

September 11, 2010|By Patrick Lammer, Sun Sentinel

Dillard High defensive back Wayne Lyons, the Sun Sentinel's top-ranked football prospect in Broward County for the Class of 2011, confirmed Friday night that he is flying to South Bend, Ind., on Saturday to take his first official visit when Notre Dame plays Michigan.

Lyons and Dillard evened their record at 1-1 on Friday with a 7-0 nondistrict victory over visiting Deerfield Beach. Lyons & Co. held the Bucks to 25 yards rushing on 14 carries and 85 yards passing.

Of Notre Dame's 16 verbal commitments to this point two are defensive backs. The Irish have commitments from 4-star Eilar Hardy (6-1/175), of Pickerington ( Ohio) Central, and 3-star Jalen Brown (6-0/173), of Irving ( Texas) Macarthur.

Lyons has also set visits to UCLA, next week when the Bruins host Houston at the Rose Bowl, and to Nebraska the weekend of Oct. 29.

As for his final two official visits, Lyons said, "It's between Miami, Florida, Auburn and Stanford.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-09-11/sports/sfl-wayne-lyons-notre-dame-visit-091110_1_wayne-lyons-first-official-visit-dillard-high

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

I just saw a pig fly.  Come back down to the planet....real slow.

Duh, Sherlock. What is your point? That a ridiculous school like USF could never get an amazing talent like Lyons. Could you go spew your negative attitude on a Seminole web site or something. You will make a much better troll than you do a responsible contributor.

• Content Count:  521

Duh, Sherlock. What is your point? That a ridiculous school like USF could never get an amazing talent like Lyons. Could you go spew your negative attitude on a Seminole web site or something. You will make a much better troll than you do a responsible contributor.

it's as unrealistic as a Rhodes Scholar choosing florida state, of all schools...

it's as unrealistic as a Rhodes Scholar choosing florida state, of all schools...

Amen

Come back down to the planet, Earthlings.  Lyons has never made one comment and to him being anything near a commit to USF.

Holtz commits great students, yes.  USF is not the Stanford of the BE.  It's really quite simple.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Come back down to the planet, Earthlings.  Lyons has never made one comment and to him being anything near a commit to USF.

Look, this board is for the discussion of potential recruits who have shown interest in USF or vice versa. Lyons falls into that category but nobody has said he is close to commiting to us. Maybe if you take a break from your condescending ******** and take time to read things, you won't keep making these little mistakes ...

Excuse me.  Lyons said this, "It's between Miami, Florida, Auburn and Stanford."  Not me.

I guess, "I ain't coming" doesn't mean no.  How the hell is that condescending?  To keep beating over the Chickillos, Drews, Lyons and other 4-5 stars players who really show little to no desire to play at USF is, to me, a waste of time.  Untill USF wins something of value we are going to struggle with the fours, but I support the players Skip has commited.  We NEED smarter players.  We NEED players that play with control.  Again USF's new coach has signed 10 players in FOUR years who were 3-star players.  The math, TODAY, if Skip holds true, is that he will continue to pick up players who fit his mold.  Lyons is one, but USF TODAY, doesn't seem to to have the educational significance a Stanford or Miami does.

I have never said in any post I disliked any player USF has commited, for any reason, stars, or whatever.

Wow,

Do the facts mean nothing in your discussions? You misquote the Article post which is in black and white( Lyons didn't say his list was down to "It's between Miami, Florida, Auburn and Stanford.", he was talking about his last two official trips. As far as Chickillo, It was conventional wisdom that USF was right there until the very end, quite possibly his second choice. He chose to follow his father and grandfather to UM, not a surprising turn. It doesn't seem like you want to entertain the idea that USF will sign 4 and 5 star recruits(who cares how many stars they have anyway). I'm sure you would have argued that we had no shot at Terence Mitchell last year, but he sure makes me feel a whole lot better when he settles under a punt than anyone who preceded him this year. Sure we aren't gonna sign all the 4 and 5 star recruits that we would like, but if one is interested in USF and states so publicly, is it so wrong to support that here? Lyons even had us on his short list. Even if he isn't coming here, he is an outstanding young man who would serve as a great model for what we aspire to in terms of recruits. Ain't no flying pig here, kid.

Archived