• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe USF and Miami might schedule...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

a game in hoops real soon now that the football side starting to work out. It would be nice to play against Miami in hoops every now and then. Also, it would be nice to start a series with UF in hoops too. I doubt FSU will ever schedule USF in hoops again because of all the beatings that they were taking from USF.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt FSU will ever schedule USF in hoops again because of all the beatings that they were taking from USF.

Who else was in the dome when Chucky pulled up and hit a jumper to beat FSU as time expired? That was awesome. Especially since the place was sold out with a ton of Seminole fans.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I never got to see chucky play, but i remember Brian Lamb doing the same exact thing at the dome... last second jumper to win, then all the players jumping up in the student section... i was practically tacked by Chonsey Asbury.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

DenverBull,

That was win FSU was a good basketball program, so that win was ever sweeter. I remember when USF waxed FSU a few times which caused their AD and then coach (Steve Robinson), to stop the series between USF and FSU. Hopefully, their AD will change his mind now that USF will be a BIG EAST school. I didnt think he liked losing to a C-USA school all the time which irked him to cancel the series. I would love to see the state of Florida put together that Florida 4 thing again. They could rotate it at each site each year. It also will help attendence for all four schools which is a good thing.

Guest bullman33

Who else was in the dome when Chucky pulled up and hit a jumper to beat FSU as time expired? That was awesome. Especially since the place was sold out with a ton of Seminole fans.

That was perhaps the best home game in the history of the sundome.  I have been attending games since 1990, only missing a handful of xmas tourny games, and i must say there are only a few that can match the excitment that was in the dome that night.  I still have that game on tape. Chucky held the ball with 20 secs, then 10, the announcers say, he better shot, drives, pulls up and with .08 second left, drains it to take the lead.  FSU through a full court pass then a second pass to an open player who  layed in it after the buzzer. With that little time, must be a catch and shoot.

Awesome game!!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

We used to play them yearly i believe it was Hamilton who ended the series but not sure.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

why we don't play all of them every year is a mistery too me

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

I know it was their decision to end the series not ours

• Topic Count:  9,896