• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RB Davis Pulls the Trigger After USF Visit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

RB Davis Pulls the Trigger After USF Visit 

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Jun 14, 2010 

Stone Mountain (GA) running back Willie Davis from football powerhouse Stephenson HS wanted to check out the schools he’s interested in, and this weekend Davis made a trip to Tampa to check out the Bulls. He was impressed enough that he decided to pull the trigger and commit to the Bulls.

Stone Mountain (GA) running back Willie Davis from football powerhouse Stephenson HS wanted to check out the schools he’s interested in, and this weekend Davis made a trip to Tampa to check out the Bulls. He was impressed enough that he decided to pull the trigger and commit to the Bulls.

“Yes I committed to USF today before practice,†said Davis. “I just felt like it was right fit and the best decision for me. I called coach McGeoghan and said I want to be a Bull!â€

The Stephenson running back has been high on the Bulls for some time, and all he needed was a trip to Tampa to get a feeling for the USF program.

“I chose USF because of the home feeling I got while I was down there and I can relate to USF, said Davis. I also love the coaching staff, the depth chart is very attractive, and they have a lot to offer me.â€

The 5’10, 190 pound Davis had offers from schools like West Virginia, Connecticut, Louisville, Memphis, Vanderbilt, and Tulane, but after a great visit with his Uncle and teammate Kadetrix Marcus got home, thought about it and made the call.

“The visit was great and we just loved everything about it,†said Davis. “Everything was real really nice, and I really liked the campus, the facilities, and the overall environment.â€

“We got home and I talked things over with my parents and my uncle and knew that’s where I wanted to go.â€

Davis said he got that feeling after spending time with the coaching staff and the players during his visit.

“Yes sir I had a great time meeting and hanging with the players,†said Davis. “They gave me a lot of advice on recruiting and how to pick a college that is best for me. They didn’t push me, and seemed very welcoming to me as a player.â€

“All the coaches down there are great,†said Davis. “Coach McGeoghan, Coach Holtz and Coach Fitch are all great guys and I felt real comfortable with them.â€

USF is also recruiting several of Davis’s teammates, Kadetrix Marcus who visited with Willie this past weekend, and O-lineman Tarik Cook.

“I would love for the three of us to be able to play together at the next level,†said Davis. “I haven’t got a chance to talk to them about it yet, but that would be great.â€

As a junior the 5’10, 190 pound Davis had over 700 yards rushing yards and a couple of touchdowns on limited carries, and caught a couple of passes for just over 100 yards receiving, and feels that he has a great opportunity with USF.

“I think that USF is going to do big things in the future, and I‘m the back to lead them there,†said Davis. “I’m very excited about my decision, and think I made the right choice.â€

“I’m still going to take a few visits because my coach already set them up,†said Davis. “But I feel solid about my choice and will take the visits to just confirm my feelings.â€

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/977360.html

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Love the idea that we could land all three from this school.  All are great lands so far.  Mutt is so underrated it's ridiculous as well as Atkins from the Muck.  How many rabbits do you think Atkins caught to break into a skill position at Pahokee?  100?  200?

• Content Count:  771

• Content Count:  1,757

Look at the recruits Holtz has been focusing on and pulling in. They are usually offered by solid academic universities. Davis offered by Vandy, you know his academics have to be good.

June 15, 2010

Georgia RB Davis commits to Bulls

USF has picked up its third oral commitment for 2011, from Willie Davis, a 5-foot-11, 190-pound running back from a Georgia high school known for producing a ton of college football players.

"The feeling they gave me on my visit, the environment, I really liked it," said Davis, who said he chose the Bulls over West Virginia, Vanderbilt, Louisville and Connecticut.

Davis is a rising senior at Stephenson High in Stone Mountain, Ga., which had 29 players sign to play college football this past year, including 12 from Division I-A. Davis rushed for about 700 yards as a junior, but did so behind Kentucky signee Raymond Sanders, who rushed for 1,604 yards and 25 touchdowns.

"Willie is an extremely hard worker, committed both on and off the field," said Stephenson head coach Ron Gartrell. "He has a balance of power and speed, and you don't find a lot of running backs that have both. He's a determined runner, but he can catch the ball well, also."

Davis, who is rated as a three-star recruit by both Rivals.com and Scout.com, got to meet USF quarterback B.J. Daniels and receiver Dontavia Bogan on his visit. Rated by Rivals as the nation's No. 45 running back, he is USF's third commitment for 2011, following Punta Gorda Charlotte receiver Alex Mut and Pahokee safety Rontavious Atkins.

Stephenson looks to be loaded with I-A talent again this season, and just as Sanders had two teammates sign with him at Kentucky, Davis isn't the only Stephenson player the Bulls are targeting. Joining him on his visit to Tampa over the weekend was his friend and teammate Kadetrix Marcus, a safety rated as a three-star recruit by Rivals and Scout.

Marcus already has 20-plus offers, including top ACC and SEC schools like Miami, Clemson and Auburn, and he has summer visits planned to Tennessee and South Carolina. Marcus said USF is now one of his contenders after his visit.

Posted by Greg Auman at 11:02:12 AM on June 15, 2010 in Football , Recruiting | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/06/georgia-rb-davis-commits-to-bulls.html

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting formation he ran out of most of the time...looks like the first guy or two barely ever get him down which is a good sign....what kind of comp is he playing against?  Looks promising.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Like what I see.

• 4 months later...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Willie has a big night. Is leading team to an 8-0 record

via twitter

cdowlar

Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson running back Willie Davis rushed for over 150 yards and two touchdowns on Friday night.

Archived