• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rumor Mill: SEC invites A&M, Texas, and VT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

plus they would take unc not nc state.

I think the NC legislature would have a problem there.  While Duke is private, they can try to force something that would keep Wake Forest, UNC, and NC State together.  And with basketball so huge for UNC, do you think they'd want to leave Duke behind?

I just don't see FSU leaving, not to go somewhere where they can perpetually be in the shadow of UF.  Not with a new coach during an attempt to restore the program's past glory. 

I do agree that it is about markets.  Georgia Tech makes sense because it completely locks up Atlanta.  Louisville is a decent sized city and brings in the rest of Kentucky coupled with southern Indiana.  I could even see the SEC taking an interest in Mizzou because of St. Louis and, to a lesser extent, Kansas City.  Mizzou would have a fairly natural geographic rivalry with Arkansas and would work well if A&M decides to not go the way of the Longhorns. 

Clemson is appealing based on fan enthusiasm.  They'd fit right in to the SEC, but they'd not add as much financially.  The Carolina schools could, but I doubt they leave the ACC unless it completely falls apart. 

Now Maryland is a possibility.  Maryland is considered a southern state and Maryland solidly brings in DC and Baltimore. 

There's also West Virginia, though they don't bring in the demographics.

And an outside shot would be Cincinnati.  While in Ohio, Cincy has always considered itself a southern city.  The big problem is the stadium, but the appeal is that Cincy would allow the SEC to move into Big Ten territory and be on in Ohio.

Then there is USF.  If Miami and FSU both stay put and the SEC wants to grow its presence in Florida then we are an option.  I don't think we're high up on the list.  The SEC already has a strong presence here in Tampa and we don't even play in an OCS, something all other SEC teams do. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin Paper Reports the Texas Governor may step in and push A&M to the Pac 10...

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/entries/2010/06/12/gov_perry_instr.html

Texas Gov. Rick Perry will have a decisive say in which conference his alma mater, Texas A&M, joins and he probably prefers the Aggies link with Texas and other Big 12 schools and accept invitations to the Pac-10 Conference, two long-time political figures told the Statesman.

“Anybody who thinks Rick Perry is not going to sign off on the final decision is fooling himself,†one of the sources said. “A&M will go where the governor wants them to go.â€

The second source said Perry, a former Texas A&M yell leader, does not want to do anything to disrupt his re-election plans and consequently might try to push the Aggies toward the Pac-10 to calm the political waters. Perry has said he’d prefer to keep all the Texas schools together.

Guest nybullsfan

Lotta backroom politicking going on. Some people out there are intentionally spreading disinformation on behalf of others who then get to look like prince charming for rushing in and saving the day.

Believe Nothing!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Lotta backroom politicking going on. Some people out there are intentionally spreading disinformation on behalf of others who then get to look like prince charming for rushing in and saving the day.

Believe Nothing!

movie_xfiles.jpg

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

• Content Count:  771

I'm not going to lie I just put shineybevo on my favorites.  That is hilarious wtf.

• Content Count:  1,741

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa...tory?id=5279963

The sources saw no way the SEC would raid the ACC and added serious doubt that Virginia Tech could be pried away from Virginia.

Archived