• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has Mike Hobbie been fired yet?

Guest If_Not_Why_Not

Guest If_Not_Why_Not

I was hoping for the swiftest of firings for our least favorite coach, but apparently he is doing a good job and the offenses problems aren't his fault. Wait, who said that? Uh-Oh the Leavitt cool aid, I knew . . . shouldn't have . . . aw crap!

Hypnotic%20Spiral%20Picture.gif

YES HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB . . . . ITS NOT HIS FAULT . . . YES HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB . . . . ITS NOT HIS FAULT . . . .  HE IS DOING A GOOD JOB . . . . ITS NOT HIS FAULT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

maybe he hasn't been fired because we don't have anyone lined up to take his place yet?   just a thought.

I don't like his play calling, but i wouldn't want to have NO OC... at least have an option in mind before firing someone.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

Plus he will  have built up relationships with some of the incoming recruits, to rock the boat now might send them elsewhere.  Wait till after the signing day, then play tinkerman

Guest Pros_and_Cons

hobbie_mike.gif

Mike Hobbie

Offensive Coordinator

Fourth Season

Since returning to the USF staff as offensive coordinator in 2001, Mike Hobbie has worked closely with the entire offensive staff to put together an ultra-exciting, up-tempo offense at USF.

http://gobulls.usf.edu/Sports/football/staff/mike_hobbie.htm

Excuse me, I just threw up a little.

Reasons to fire Mike Hobbie:

While he may or may not be a good person, he sucks as an offensive coordinator.

His offense is neither "ultra-exciting" nor "up-tempo." What it is is overly complicated and inefficient.

USF rank 76 total offense, 106 in passing (Whats the spread offense set up for again?)

We are 53 in scoring!! Woo-Hoo thats the brightpot? UGH.

. . . and most importantly: "What's Up - Make That Down - With Football Attendance?" http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBU3E5HI2E.html

Reasons to retain Mike Hobbie:

Nobody better will take a pay cut to come to USF and coach.

If CJL does not address this giant gaping hole in his team be prepared to suffer a repeat of this recent historic and record setting year. Terrible, just terrible.

Guest Money_Is_Not_The_Issue

I dont think it would have mattered if we won C-USA this year or not. The money is not the issue its the commitment to excellence to borrow from that Mr Burns like Raider in LA  . . . Okaland where are they now?

It cannot be that much to hire a qualified offensive coordinator. Can it? Can that really be the issue?

Guest Guest in the Box

Well since this is a guest gala, I will add that No Mula was taking a shot at a former board member - Minotaur that ripped off his peers.

In the meantime, I'm registering.

Guest Article_About_$$$

Dantonio received the financial commitment he was seeking. UC did agree to increase the salaries of assistant coaches, but it wasn't as if assistants were being paid a pittance during the Minter regime.

This year's offensive coordinator is making $130,000, compared with $125,000 last year. The defensive coordinator makes $128,100. Last year, the Bearcats used co-defensive coordinators who were paid $90,000 each.

Overall, UC paid nine assistant coaches $792,000 in 2003. This year, that figure is $894,800, a 12.9 percent increase.

But money alone won't keep qualified assistant coaches for the long haul.

"In coaching, it's not all about the money," said defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi. "But if the money's good and you're working with good people, you've got to go where it is."

http://www.enquirer.com/bearcats/2004/08/18/uc1a.html

Leavitts contract assistant coaches pool: $600,000 (2003); $645,000 (2004); $690,000 (2005); $750,000 (2006); $800,000 (2007); TBA (2008, 2009).

Maybe it is about the money.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Money does play a part. assistants are going to go where they will have a better shot to move up but if two programs are equal im sure money would play the part. Come on how many of us would stay at our job if someone offered us 10-20,000 more to do same work?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully he gets dumped sooner rather than later. This would be the perfect time to institute a new offense - going into a new conference with a possible freshman QB at the helm.

And if they are looking for a new OC, how about someone with some significant COLLEGE coaching experience?